Staff Software Engineer
THE ICONIC Tech is driven by innovation and quality is highly valued. Our systems handle a massive amount of traffic, and with more than 5 million customers visiting THE ICONIC each month, it’s guaranteed you’re going to get first-hand feedback from customers on the code you deploy!
Our Engineering Department plans, builds and maintains the technology that drives THE ICONIC. Our ability to deliver fast, safe and scalable solutions are critical in delivering first-class experiences to our customers. Our teams are organised by business domain and take ownership of everything they do in a you built it, you own it, model.
What you’ll do
- Lead software projects to develop our cutting-edge e-commerce platform
- Work in an agile environment to develop a best-in-market experience for THE ICONIC customers
- Deploy frontend projects for both our customers and internally facing teams
- Work on distributed systems at scale with high traffic workloads
- Collaborate with other software engineers and stakeholders in your team to build and maintain code in a micro-frontend architecture
- Work in an agile environment on enterprise-grade, high-quality software to support THE ICONIC as a leader in the online retail space
Here’s what you need to set you off on an ICONIC Journey
- Extensive experience building frontend applications with React, Redux or Mobx
- Experience with unit testing frameworks - e.g. Jest
- Ability to clearly articulate complex architectural and technical problems
- Familiarity with agile and lean software development
- Software Architecture - Understanding of SOLID principles
Here’s some extra things you may bring to the table
- Web Components
- Bundlers e.g. webpack, Parcel
- APIs - RESTful API design
- Familiarity with other frontend frameworks (Vue.js or Angular)
- Experience performing integration tests on user interfaces using tools like Cypress
Why you'll love THE ICONIC
- Feel free to skip the commute and work from home.
- Sweat out the stress using our discounted gym memberships.
- Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons and expand your knowledge with EdCast, LinkedIn Learning, Go1 courses and Udemy (for Tech).
- No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sale.
- Enjoy paid parental leave and an extra day off to be present on your kids' first day of school every year.
- Enjoy a paid day off for your birthday and an ICONIC voucher.
- Got a furry friend? Bring them to the office! We LOVE animals.
- Feel supported beyond your day job with flexible hours, part time, paid parental leave, additional personal leave, family friendly workplace, first day of school off, birthday leave
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: email@example.com