Alto is America’s leading digital pharmacy, transforming a $500 billion industry. Founded in 2015, Alto’s better pharmacy model is centered on the critical role of pharmacists as the final link in a person’s health journey. Alto combines expert pharmacist care with purpose-built technology to deliver a more convenient and affordable experience for those who need medication. To date, Alto has fulfilled more than three million prescriptions, expanded to twelve markets, and built a mobile app experience that makes it easier than ever to manage medications and chat with a pharmacist. As Alto continues its rapid growth, it remains customer obsessed, with an industry-leading NPS score of 86.
About the Team
The Alto Patients team is responsible for the native and web applications our patients use to manage and fill their prescriptions. Our goal is to make filling a prescription easy and delightful for our patients and to build differentiated service offerings that improve patient health outcomes. We’re a highly collaborative cross functional team composed of product managers, designers, engineers, analysts, and user researchers working together to define and build the world class modern pharmacy experience.
Example projects include:
- Building a home screen into the apps to make it easy for patients to see and address the next most important task for getting their prescription delivered on time like confirming the details of an upcoming delivery, updating insurance information, or resolving a failed payment.
- Revamping the communications experience to ensure patients always have a deep link to "self-serve" everything from prescription status inquiries to changes to their prescription from their doctor or an Alto pharmacist.
- Creating an external design system/component library to power the patient and provider facing native applications.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Use your experience with React Native/mobile to create technical leverage that enables us to deliver more value to patients.
- Collaborate with cross functional peers to define and implement complex features that ensure patients get their medications, know how to use them safely, and remain adherent.
- Evolve our team culture and processes through collaboration, participation in sprint rituals and retros, and mentorship.
A bit about you:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in a production environment
- Recent experience building high quality React Native, iOS, or Android mobile applications
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving that’s biased towards patient and business impact
- A strong sense of ownership over your work and a desire to up-level your peers
- Passion for Alto’s mission and our company values
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
REQUIRED FOR ALL COLORADO OR REMOTE JOBS
Salary Range: Senior (160k - 210k); Staff (190k - 240k)
*Please note this range is specific to employees working in Colorado. Salary ranges for remote candidates working outside of Colorado can be subject to regionalized compensation based on their respective work location.
Benefits: Full-time: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.