Senior React Frontend Developer
Posted 11 months ago
Apply for this job
Nielsen Media would not function without our Technology teams! We are catalysts for delivery quality, on-time, reliable measurements to clients, and we are cultivators, growing our employees through education, skill building and experiences. Around the globe, our Technology teams are relentless in our pursuit of superior analytics, technology, process and support.
Are you a pro-active, creative and flexible developer that enjoys writing clean code to make intuitive interfaces? We have the right challenge for you, as we are starting a green field marketing communication optimization product for the web.
To address growing needs of this product, we are looking for a Senior React Frontend developer to join our team in Rotterdam.
Teams usually consist of around 5 developers, a tech lead, a product owner, a designer, and a tester. Most team members live in and around Rotterdam, but we are highly flexible on working from home. We do value being around each other in the office 2 days a week when possible.
This is not a 100% remote position.
- You will be a core member of a growth-minded scrum team with a mentality based on Agile and Software Craftsmanship
- Developing a complex in-browser application in React.js with D3.js, and Node.js
- Contributing to the visual and interaction design, and working together with a designer
- Creating a highly customizable UI to support the 70 different versions we deploy each year
- Testing and experimenting with new technologies to underpin technology decisions
A little about you
- We care a lot about the quality and maintainability of our work, so you will also aim to:
- Write clean code
- Write unit tests and integration tests
- Write automated API tests
- Review code and pair-program with colleagues
- Refactor code to improve readability/maintainability
- Contribute to improving tech stack of application
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science or related discipline (field), or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 year of experience in frontend web development in a professional environment, preferably 4+ years
- Familiar with common user experience patterns
- Proven experience with HTML5, CSS3
- Proven experience with React
- You are structural, methodical, and have attention to detail
- You are willing to take ownership of features from coding to delivery
- Team player, good communication skills (and willing to work on them)
- Fluent in English, large vocabulary
- Dutch resident and/or willing to relocate to the vicinity of our Rotterdam office
- Experience with larger codebases and design patterns and principles
- Experience with Node.js as a server-side application
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Experience with functional programming
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Flexibility in working hours and location
- Exciting development projects and clients
- An open, respectful and multicultural atmosphere
- Time for socialising and fun
- A Football and a Ping-pong table, and Friday afternoon drinks (every Friday)
- 25 days of paid leave
- Reimbursement of traveling expenses
- Daily fruit snacks
We have an enthusiastic team that enjoys working hard and relaxing when it’s needed as well. Some of us go bouldering in Rotterdam together, we have yearly Foosball competitions, a Ping-pong table, and a Party Committee.
What can we offer you as an employee of Nielsen Media
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits we offer a varied area of responsibility as well as an open corporate culture with numerous development opportunities. Above all, our employees appreciate the ability to work independently in a motivated and very friendly team. Social responsibility, open communication and living our values can be found not only on our homepage, but also in everyday work. An informal atmosphere in a dynamic media company with opportunities for ownership and personal development.
Here at Nielsen, we believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Nielsen is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from people that are excited to work for us, regardless of their background - so please get in touch!
Nielsen provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to any protected characteristics under local law.