Some of the things that we believe in:
- Great UI/UX is critical; aesthetics, animations, copy and speed are all part of this
- Code quality is a top priority; style guides, code reviews, best practices
- Collaboration; great communication is the key to any project
- Constantly curious; we’re constantly learning/evolving
- A healthy work/life balance; getting home in time for dinner is important
We focus on building great products with clients that we enjoy and respect. Our work has been featured in the Play Store, App Store, had books written about it, featured in the Huffington Post, received awards and, most importantly, brought delight to users.
We are growing fast and looking for individuals that are passionate about the development process and excited to work directly with clients. Our philosophy is to hire passionate, smart, client-facing engineers that can both understand the client’s goals and build delightful products both for and alongside them.
You love being a developer and are passionate about mobile. You are up-to-date on the latest trends in the ecosystem and consider yourself a thought leader. You are curious enough to always experiment with new things and experienced enough to know when the new shiny thing is not appropriate for a project. Most importantly, you are delivery focused. You want to ship something to users, get their feedback, and iterate. The desire to ship something enables you to take down obstacles and break hard problems into solvable chunks so that you can make forward progress.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop apps for companies that are making a material impact on the world and will be seen by millions of users
- Help us learn and improve what we're doing and how we do it
- Mentor junior engineers
- Stay on top of new technologies and trends in the app space
- Participate in agile software development practices and peer code reviews
- 80% hands-on development, 20% client interaction & documentation
What You Have:
- Deep knowledge of React Native or React Web, including component composition, lifecycle events, and hooks.
- Experience with front-end tooling (NPM, Yarn, Webpack, Babel, ESLint, Prettier, CI, unit testing, etc.)
- Mobile development experience. Integration with NativeModules and custom iOS/Android SDKs is a huge plus.
- Experience building commercial apps, released in Google’s Play and/or Apple’s App Stores is also a huge plus
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.