ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™ Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, and telephone. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA for two consecutive years. Additionally, WELL Health is proud to be named #484 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies, and #133 on Deloitte’s 2021 Technology Fast 500. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare.
WELL is looking for a talented Senior Frontend Software Engineer to join our fast-paced, growing engineering department. This position will work cross-functionally across multiple Scrum teams providing support to a variety of product features with the guidance of our Engineering Leadership.
Your primary role will be assisting in developing core functionality on the product. You will also help drive team discussions and decisions around processes and technologies to improve code quality, user experience and team velocity. There are many opportunities to make a significant impact and grow as an Engineer.
- Build out new features and functionality on the WELL platform
- Write high quality, effective tests to prevent bugs and grow test coverage, in order to improve product stability, and increase team velocity
- Actively drive team discussions to define and implement new technologies and coding standards
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams, including Product, QA, and Design
- Break down requirements, plan and estimate tasks using Agile methodologies
- Manage the operational deployment of a scalable front end application
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or Equivalent Experience) with a strong grasp of CS fundamentals
- 4+ years building web applications using several frameworks including React
- Experience with unit testing frameworks including Jest
- Deep understanding of build systems and tools such as Webpack
- Ability to translate designs into mobile friendly styles using preprocessors such as SASS
- Expertise in working with a range of APIs (REST, websockets, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins or Github Actions
- Eager to solve challenging problems regarding algorithms, data structures, and web application performance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with the following tools or technologies:
- Flux, Redux, React Hooks, React Context
- AWS services such as Cloudfront, Lambda, and S3
- Typescript or another strongly typed programming language
- Database systems such as Redis, Postgres, and MongoDB
- Query languages such as graphQL
- Experience working with distributed teams
- A history of working with Scrum processes
WELL Health is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. For this role, if you are located outside of the Santa Barbara area, we are open to candidates that are currently located within the United States and are interested in working remotely. #LI-Remote
WORKING AT WELL HEALTH
- Fantastic company culture – occasional Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL Health are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. WELL Health is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL Health is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL Health will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Candidates should be aware that WELL Health currently maintains a policy requiring all employees (Resident, Mobile and Remote) to be fully vaccinated. New employees should be fully vaccinated by their start date. WELL Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.