React Native Developer
Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
The React Native Developer’s role is to develop mobile application user interfaces that match designs provided by our UI/UX team. Secondly, to build reusable and modular components following development best practices and React guidelines.
This position can be located in any geography in the US or Canada.
- Ensure interactions with a back-end JSON API along with making sure its errors are handled properly and gracefully.
- Write tests and use automated testing tools to build quality control into the product.
- Refactor code to improve readability and maintainability.
- Participate in team-wide code reviews and provide feedback.
- Experience with consumption and manipulation of JSON REST APIs.
- Familiarity with XCode and Gradle.
- Good understanding of application design best practices.
- Proficiency with modern development tools, like Babel, Webpack, and Git.
- Work with a dynamic team that provides support whenever you get stuck.
- 100% remote work.
- Bi-annual company wide meetups.
- Opportunity for career development with a fast-growing company.
- A unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable.
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board - our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.