Senior Mobile Engineer
Posted 11 months ago
Apply for this job
Jock MKT is where Daily Fantasy Sports becomes a Stock Exchange, and was ranked the #1 sports startup to watch in 2021. Known as “Robinhood, but for sports,” Jock MKT allows users to buy and sell shares of players in real time with other users for cash. At the end of each event, all shares have a guaranteed payout based on how well the player performed.
We are a small, venture-backed team located in Boston, MA and looking for strong candidates to scale our engineering team.
We are looking for an experienced and hungry Mobile Engineer (if you have an interest in sports and/or finance, great!). We have a complex front end processing real-time trading data, and requires exposing enough detail to highlight the intricacies of the market while remaining clear and approachable for a new user. We're looking for someone who understands the importance of ensuring we are able handle live events and provide an enjoyable, reliable experience for a rapidly growing user base.
What You’ll Do
- Continue to build and iterate on the mobile application experience by working within the Front End team
- Work with product teams to build new features and capabilities across the trading platform
- Gather feedback from users to help identify areas for improvement
4+ years of Software Engineering Experience
Some experience with React / React Native plus a strong desire to develop React Native expertise
- Strong experience with Typescript
- Strong experience with React State Management utilizing React Hooks and Context providers
- Strong experience with React Stateless Functional Components
- Trackable experience shipping production React Native applications to Apple Store / Google Play store.
- Experience working with Node.js – RESTful API on both front/back-end
- Experience working with GraphQL, Apollo GraphQL and GraphQL subscriptions
- Experience with Expo SDK (both Managed/Bare workflow)
- Experience using common design patterns.
- High understanding of mobile development UI/UX design principles and best practices.
- High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance.
- Desire to work with a small, fast paced team.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical/Vision/Dental insurance reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Paid Time Off
We value diversity at Jock MKT and believe the unique contributions each of us drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.