Apply for this job
As a Senior Front-End Software Engineer at PagerDuty, you’ll be part of a team that’s intensely focused on our customers and the engineering community. We design, build, and run robust systems that extend and enhance our amazing products. Of course, we use our own products ourselves!
- From day one, you’ll be designing, coding, testing and shipping front-end interfaces, APIs, or backend applications and microservices that ensure we deliver secure, highly reliable and scalable solutions to our customers.
- As a Senior Engineer, play a key role in helping to establish our brand and culture in Portugal by helping interview, onboard, coach and mentor other senior and intermediate developers
- Since we own and operate what we build, you’ll collaborate closely with engineers across teams.
- We practice Chaos Engineering, so you’ll be involved in our weekly Failure Friday sessions, where we deliberately break our systems, find weaknesses, and fix them proactively.
- With 14,000+ global customers and growing, you’ll be solving really interesting technical challenges while helping to scale our product to keep up with demand.
- Participating in your team’s on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise
Skills and Attributes
- You have a track record of participating in and delivering successful engineering projects
- You’ve had experience implementing distributed and highly available systems, and have opinions about what works and what doesn’t
- You are comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to clarify questions, share your approach and collaborate with the rest of the team to build/test elegant solutions
- You have a drive to get results without letting anything get in your way
- You have a desire to stay ahead of the latest industry trends and technologies, a track record of sharing contributions to the wider engineering community and a commitment to continuous learning
- You have an understanding of the importance of empathy: you should have an open mind to others - no matter how senior or junior they are
- You have a calm, assertive approach to diagnosing and fixing urgent problems
- 5+ years of development experience
- Development experience working on customer-facing and web - based systems
- Experience designing, building, and operating large systems with scalability, availability, and performance requirements
- Experience working in an agile environment with iterative development and fast feedback
- Mastery of at least one web programming framework (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Phoenix/Elixir)
- Experience with at least one front-end web framework (React, Ember, Backbone)
- Experience with tools that ensure your high quality work makes a smooth, automated, repeatable transition from your machine to our staging and production environments
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge