Amyris is a science and technology leader in the research, development, and production of sustainable ingredients for the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets.
We seek a talented, experienced web developer to help optimize our browsing and shopping experiences to drive consumer happiness, retention, and revenue.
The Frontend Developer will work proactively to recommend solutions to enhance the functionality, performance, and extensibility of our sites and tech stack. This role partners closely with our brand teams on technical aspects of web-related projects and collaborates with project managers & business stakeholders on priorities, feasibility, and timelines.
- Create and maintain mobile-friendly user interfaces for Amyris and our various brands' sites.
- Develop strong relationships to collaborate effectively with designers, marketers, product managers, and developers to establish and implement their design vision.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of design solutions.
- Explain potential opportunities and project risks to management.
- Assist the project managers with time and budget estimations.
- Contribute to the development/evolution of the Digital team.
- Gain a deep understanding of our products and the customer experience to think and speak from the customer viewpoint.
- Use your passion, skills, and wisdom to bring our digital platforms to their full potential in service of the best customer experience and growth for our brands.
- Deep knowledge to create responsive websites.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, ideally in computer science or a related field
- At least 3 years of Frontend Development (HTML/CSS)
- Experience with REST APIs, both client and server-side.
- Experience working with modern front-end frameworks like React and/or Angular.
- Expert in creating full CSS and HTML layouts.
- Proven ability to deliver quality code within scope, budget, and deadlines.
- Demonstrate consistent follow-through on internal assignments and initiatives.
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Ability to ask appropriate questions and communicate effectively to a broad range of people including users, designers, executives, marketers, producers, and technical staff.
- Can translate complex user requirements and functional specifications into a tangible design for the design and technology team.
- Experience with table-free, standards-compliant CSS layouts.
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of organization.
- An understanding of different web applications and the design constraints of each platform.
- Willing to learn, share knowledge and take leadership from industry experts.
- Experience with Jira.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- A customer focus, a strong drive for results, and a collaborative team player
- Experience with Shopify and better yet Shopify apps development.
- Experience with other elements of our architecture such as Google Analytics, Boomi, Domo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Klaviyo, Hubspot, Netsuite, and Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Get in early and help set the culture for a new development team that values fun, excellence, empowerment, and responsibility
- Work Equipment, including a New 16" Macbook Pro (unless you prefer something else)
- Health Insurance
- Regular performance reviews for rapid Career Growth
- 24 paid Vacation Days
- Flexible Working Hours
- Remote-friendly Environment (Portugal based)
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
To apply for this job you must be willing to work in time zones with a maximum of 1 hour difference from Lisbon, Portugal time zone.