We are looking for an experienced React Native/ReactJS developer to join our global music-streaming business. You will be responsible for mobile application development and architecture. Our music streaming tech scale-up offers plenty of opportunities to learn and contribute beyond your core role.
Good knowledge of JS, React Native and experience with mobile platforms is essential. We have millions of users across our mobile offerings, so experience in improving and maintaining performance is also a bonus. We use Relay to manage the data from our GraphQL API, so experience with that (or something similar like Apollo) is fantastic. We also test heavily and enforce type-safety on the frontend, so let us know if you have experience with Jest, Detox and Flow.
At Mixcloud, our purpose is to amplify culture and community. We operate a fair and legal audio streaming service that supports creators to share their passions. We recently launched Mixcloud LIVE, which is solving real challenges for creators who want to stream legally and monetise online. We are home to a unique catalogue of 50 million DJ mixes, radio shows and podcasts handcrafted by the world’s finest DJs, online radio stations and cultural tastemakers. Our mission is to get more fans directly supporting creators and build a more sustainable future for audio culture. We want to see a world where everyone can create sustainably and connect deeply. Beyond the algorithm, human to human.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will contribute to major front-end features that our huge audience of listeners and creators use every day.
- You'll actively own team features or systems and define their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems.
- Develop new features, and enhance existing features, in our mobile applications, collaborating with your team, which includes frontend engineers, backend engineers, product managers & designers.
- Translate designs mocks into accessible interfaces.
- Enhance, optimize & maintain our OSS design system with a focus on accessibility.
- You'll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web, mobile, and business applications
- Communicate openly and often, using tools such as Slack
- Implementing automated testing and unit tests
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years experience working as a mobile application engineer in an agile team
- You have experience developing, shipping, and maintaining a React Native application for iOS or Android.
- You have developed React Native apps that communicate with GraphQL, use local storage, network data synchronization, and user authentication.
- Experience working with flow types or Typescript
- You have some experience with automated tools to QA mobile applications. (Knowledge with Detox would be nice to have)
- You can contribute to technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You are a good problem solver. You consistently find practical and efficient solutions to both technical and non-technical challenges.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
We have a remote-first work culture, although we still have a beautiful office in Hackney available for anyone to use. We’re a culturally active bunch, with many of us pursuing our passions as DJs, producers, radio hosts, promoters or creatives. We host DJ lessons in the office, cater weekly lunches and host social team mixers. We offer a great benefits package that includes generous holiday, stock options, flexible working, a healthcare plan and a kitchen packed with healthy snacks. Wellness at work matters to us, and our team also organises meditation sessions and yoga.
We offer a culture of personal development and growth. We’re serious about encouraging our employees to develop their careers through goal setting, training and mentorship. Mixcloud also covers the cost of books.
Mixcloud is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.