Hello there. We’re Zopa.
Our diverse team is united in their mission of creating simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customer’s needs at their heart. We’re proud that this dedication is reflected in our excellent rating on TrustPilot.
We’ve always been unapologetically honest with our customers, and value the same in return. Their feedback helps us shape what we build, so we can provide a bank fit for today, and for the future.
We’re not the new kids on the block though - we’ve been a pioneering force in finance for 16 years. In 2005, we built the first ever peer-to-peer (P2P) lending company, giving our customers access to loans built for real-life and intelligent investments backed by cutting-edge tech. In 2020, we launched Zopa Bank, meaning we could offer more – like fixed term savings backed by FSCS protection and a credit card to help customers take control of their finances.
We’ve lent out over £6 billion and are proud to have made money work better for over half a million people across the UK, whether they were looking to borrow or save.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa. Check out our latest video on culture and Values at Zopa HERE
Are you a hands-on Front-end developer with a passion for creating great customer experiences? If so, we’d love to tell you more about the opportunity in our Lending team.
In this role you will be building and maintaining fresh user experiences that are at the heart of Zopa’s products. Working with Product Owners, Data Analysts, QAs and other Engineers - we design new and exciting features that make user flows feel as seamless as possible. We are about iterating and improving through data analysis and at our core is always the question of “What is best for our users”.
Our stack is modern (React 16+, React Native, GraphQL, NextJS, TypeScript, Cypress, Node 12+, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes) however we constantly evaluate our tech choices and engage in healthy discussion about best practices in frontend. For our existing applications before releasing key features we apply a variant testing approach to drive and measure improved user experience.
How we work at Zopa:
- We work in cross functional teams that work together to solve customer problems across London and Barcelona
- We work in Scrum or Kanban - we constantly make feature releases.
- We value smart, driven people who are adaptable and understand the need for flexibility
- We peer review all code and value the sharing of knowledge
- We use the right tool or language for the job and always open to suggestions
- We value, conduct and act on user-research and data analysis
- Customer care is at the heart of all we do
- You will have solid commercial experience working with ReactJS
- You should be able to understand the mental model of component-based frameworks or libraries
- Experienced building mobile applications using React Native
- Understand the importance of testing your code and how it reduces risk in making changes and refactoring
- You should be pragmatic and focus on creating the right abstraction that allows us to move faster in the long run
- An understanding of version control tools (ideally Git)
- Passion for your work and striving to do things “the right way” (semantics, validity, flexibility, maintainability, etc.)
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 90 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.