Are you someone who likes a challenge? Do you absolutely love bringing applications to life and do you want to help us to further build our sharing platform for motorhomes, campervans, and caravans in Europe and Australia? Then go ahead and apply for a position in our remote & international development team as a front-end react developer. We are looking for a medior developer, but feel free to apply if you are fresh from college as well!
Camptoo wants to make the pleasure of road trips accessible to everyone around the world. Camptoo offers motorhome owners the possibility to rent out their personal motorhome or caravan to fellow campers. The 10 million motorhomes around the world are typically not in use for 48 weeks a year, which is such a waste! Camptoo doesn't just offer a dime a dozen motorhomes but a vast and unique range of individually fitted motorhomes and caravans owned by camping enthusiasts. Our goal is to make sharing your camper or caravan as easy and common as sharing a bottle of nice wine. We want everyone to be able to enjoy the ultimate freedom a motorhome road trip offers.
You will help us build the safest, most enjoyable, and overall best motorhome sharing platform in the world. You will be responsible for developing new functionalities for the Camptoo website. On a weekly basis hundreds of people book a vehicle through Camptoo, this is why it's so important everything that the end-to-end booking process is as flawless and frictionless as possible.
Our platform provides value & challenges on many aspects of the customer journey:
- Customers can find & book a motorhome,
- They can arrange the transfer of the vehicle fully digitally on the day of departure & return
- And at the end of their trip, they can handle any claims & damages online as well.
You will help build the front of this challenging system and you'll be able to see how the functionalities you built helps our customers. You'll work in a young team of other react front-enders, full-stackers & product designers with substantial experience. Because of this, you'll be able to learn a lot and have an impact at the same time. We ensure the whole team, including you, can continuously create & deploy value every week.
Some of your responsibilities
- Help further build and develop a rapidly growing scaleup
- Change the functionalities from dream to reality on the website in cooperation with front-enders, back-enders & UX designers
- Actively review code from your team
- Identifying bugs, finding the origin, solving and subsequently writing automated tests
- Ensuring mobile-first implementation
What we offer
- A salary dependent on experience in the range of 2700EUR - 3300EUR per month
- A traineeship, where you can work on the things you like for 1 day a week & you will be supported by our colleagues.
- A pension plan
- A young motivated team
- A challenging scaleup environment
- A fast-growing organization
- Wide-ranging responsibilities
- The ability to work remote (provided you are located in a UTC-2 to UTC+2) timezone
- Fun online team drinks
- Bring your own laptop: we provide monthly compensation for the use of your private laptop
Do you recognize yourself in the following?
- You like developing a decent platform and you pay attention to detail
- You are thorough when solving a problem
- You would describe yourself as venturous, independent and you have a DIY mentality
- You are eager to learn and stay up to date with new techniques
- You are solution-oriented
- You work in a structured way
- You have a great sense of responsibility
- You are communicative
- You enjoy writing high-quality code
- Your education level is at least college level
Do you have the following skills?
- You can work on Unix-like operating systems & can handle a command line & version control tool (Git)
- You are also proficient in ES6 and/or TypeScript and React
- And it would be great if you have experience with Node.js, Webpack, Monorepos, or PWA's
Additionally, it is very important to us that you value the quality of your code. You are able to write functional components with hooks, are familiar with writing tests, and you can dream common design patterns and code smells. You like refactoring and you're able to do so while writing new code. You are also critical of code you didn't write yourself and you're able to come up with suggestions for improvements.
Are you looking for a job that challenges you to be the best you can and gives you the opportunity for personal growth? Then you are the one we're looking for!
When applying, please provide us with: a CV, written motivation letter, and some samples of your more recent work (some code/projects either on Github or zipped projects).