Senior Front End Software Engineer
Your new role
In your new role you will be part of our E-commerce Engineering Team, focusing on building software to support our partners throughout the business, including sales, marketing, support, accounting, logistics, operations, and studio.
As we grow, we are looking for motivated engineers to join the International E-commerce Team and help us build beautiful, interactive websites using the latest frontend web technologies.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Peloton, you will work as part of a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with Product and Design to deliver elegant, intuitive, accessible, responsive, and user-friendly interfaces as we continue to grow our platform and international presence.
You will develop, test, build, ship and monitor flexible e-commerce solutions, integrated with our platform and third-party partners, to showcase and sell our physical and digital products.
What you will do
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Write understandable, well tested code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and task breakdown.
- Help to evolve our system, organically without over-engineering, promoting simplicity and working software.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Promote constant refactoring, pair programming, iterative development, and other industry best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, and monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process.
- Work closely with our U.S. engineering team to establish standards across teams, and advocate for first-class internationalized solutions.
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional team members from Product and Design, whilst becoming a domain expert in acquisition and e-commerce at Peloton.
Who you are
- 5+ or more years of software development experience.
- Proficiency in at least one UI framework like React (preferred), Vue, or similar
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, and always willing to learn new things.
- A love for clean, elegant code.
- Eager to learn industry best practices and web standards
- Understanding of Agile, Lean, and DevOps principles.
- Understanding of testing and CI/CD.
- Interest in learning functional programming design principles.
- Capacity to work in high growth, fast-paced environments, and can adapt to change.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.