Senior Frontend React Engineer
Why Brace Exists - Our Mission:
If you are a borrower in danger of defaulting on your home loan, the industry currently handles it with paper applications through the mail, multiple phone calls, and 150+ pages of legal forms. This process takes weeks. Homeowners regularly miss deadlines and risk losing their homes. The biggest player in the industry uses fifty-year-old software written in Cobol. Everyone of us knows a family that has gone through this.
Brace’s SaaS solution allows homeowners to apply for relief in minutes, including uploading documents and signing digitally. During the worst of COVID's financial impact, our solution helped our clients assist over 100k of their borrowers. We made a positive difference in people’s lives!
Our tech stack is mostly Java, Vert.x Futures based, with some Elixir and Python for spice; it's hosted on AWS using Terraform and Kubernetes, sitting on a PostgreSQL database. The frontend is React/Typescript/Json Schemas from scratch. We have interesting third party integration challenges, and lots of room for you to bring your opinions and shape our tech.
Who We Are:
Brace is a Fintech unlocking wealth for future generations by disrupting the $32B mortgage servicing industry. We are on a mission to put people at the center of homeownership. Our solutions enhance the users’ experience by applying modern technology providing the seamless transparency every person in the servicing ecosystem requires.
We are a bi-coastal New York & Los Angeles team of mission-driven professionals with proven track records of success. We believe the best ideas and actions come from passionate individuals with unique perspectives who are empowered and supported to shine.
What You'll Do:
We are entirely cloud-based and are looking for hard-working team members excited to undertake new challenges with us in a dynamic environment. We are a close-knit, diverse and focused team that sees a tremendous opportunity for building something truly special and looking for folks that are interested in coming along for the ride. Our Senior Frontend React Engineer will:
- Switch hats by moving from project-to-project and performing discrete tasks within the myriad components that comprise the Brace platform
- Manage their assigned work queue and speak to the current tasks in progress in daily stand-ups with the rest of the team
- Communicate concisely and be able to speak with our business and product partners to realize requirements and specifications
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- Proficiency in working with React (we’re on the latest version)
- Self-driven and comfortable working with a small team
- Bonus Points:
- Competency in -
- Backend: Java
- Build tools like Webpack/Rollup/Babel
- Test Frameworks: Jest, React-Testing-Library, Cypress
- Accessibility concepts (ADA, Section 508, WCAG 2.0, etc.) and associated tools and technology supporting these features
- Experience with: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Cloudfront, Docker, Gitlab, Bash, PostgreSQL
- Prior SaaS experience
- Competency in -
Diversity & Inclusion:
Ensuring that we build this company on a foundation of inclusiveness and diversity is a core value for Brace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and evaluate applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis.