Frontend Software Engineer
Apply for this job
Recent global events have made cost-effective purchasing an overnight imperative at nearly every company, but disruption in the procurement space is seriously lagging. Tropic is on a mission to transform procurement for a world that runs on software. Everyone hates buying B2B SaaS, so we are automating the process.
Our Product & Engineering team is leading the transition of our business from the tech-enabled service we deliver today to a full software sourcing platform solution. We’re building a seamless and intuitive platform that will be adopted by the world’s most sophisticated procurement professionals.
In this role, you will be part of the ground floor of the engineering team working closely with the Engineering leadership and the Head of Design to translate the product vision into frontend features. We're looking for an entrepreneurial-minded individual who's excited to lay the foundation for this future Tropic platform.
As a Frontend Software Engineer, you will:
- Build beautiful components to power our platform
- Work closely with the Head of Design to translate Figma designs into code
- Work with cutting edge component libraries (Chakra UI ) all written in typescript
- Work with the existing team to improve and evolve our current system
- Help brainstorm new ideas and features to drive product growth
- Write unit and integration tests that ensure the correctness of your work
You'll love this role if:
- You like taking on challenges that you might not see every day in a larger organization
- You pride yourself on building features that don’t just work, but users love on a daily basis
- You get excited exploring and bringing on new technologies to help the engineering team
- You love getting direct feedback from early adopters about the product you have created
- 3-5 years professional React experience
- You are comfortable developing component libraries written in typescript
- Experience writing tests (React testing library)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We provide data, tools and services to automate procurement for tech-forward companies, saving them money and time. In pursuit of this mission, we adhere to five core values: fight for fairness, hustle responsibly, execute, pull back the curtain, and stay open to new concepts.
Tropic is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.