Senior Frontend Engineer
This is a full-time position in our engineering team. Our small but growing Frontend team works with never before seen neural data and brings it directly to some of the top research groups in universities across the country, as well directly to neurologists treating patients with brain disease today. We carefully design every feature in our React app to work efficiently with complex timeseries and graph data from the Rune platform. We are looking for talented new members - passionate about our mission - to join us in doing the job right with the right tools, minimal tech debt, high test coverage, modular reusable component design, and the latest and greatest in monitoring and alerting automation.
To be successful at this position, a candidate must have a high degree of empathy for our users, be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment, and always be ready for more growth no matter where they are in their career.
Senior: $146,700-165,000; Lead: $165,000-185,000.
- Work on Rune’s React app, creating and evolving data exploration, visualization, and analysis for patients, clinicians, or researchers. Implement features, implement components, manage GraphQL and streaming timeseries data queries, and write automated tests.
- Participate heavily in our development lifecycle, from early feasibility and scoping discussions, to feature kickoffs, to execution and retrospectives.
- Create detailed design & architecture documents before starting to code new features, resolving all open questions with your peers and delivering with no surprises.
- Regularly participate in team knowledge shares, identifying and sharing of emerging concerns, and researching additions or improvements to our tech stack.
- At least 4 years as a full-time Frontend Engineer working on a team of 2 or more.
- Comfortable working in a React+Hooks app without Redux.
- Familiar with react-testing-library, jest, or similar unit and component lifecycle testing frameworks.
- Have worked with a UI component library like MaterialUI or Bootstrap.
Important Skills and Qualifications
- Are well versed in CSS and styling components (whether it’s through scss/sass, or through UI component library style hooks).
- Have a resolute independent sense for delivering quality code, and holding others to the same standard.
- Are comfortable bringing up any issues or opportunities for improvement to both peers and leadership.
- Any experience working with GraphQL, timeseries data, or visualization (Plotly.js, D3, etc) is a plus, but not required.
- You must reside and be authorized to work in the U.S. or Canada
- We are remote friendly! We do ask that you commit to being available until at least 3pm PST (6pm EST) daily. If you’re in San Francisco, our pet-friendly office is a block from Golden Gate Park.
- Full health, vision, and dental benefits for you and your dependents.
Engineering at Rune
- Work with the smartest and kindest folks in software engineering, neuroscience, and business development.
- Be part of a culture of explicit ethical consideration with regard to ourselves and the patients with whose data we are entrusted.
- We kept up with technical debt from day one and we work hard to keep it that way! Our infrastructure is fully automated and our stack instrumented with observability, CI, CD, strong security practices. We’re an experienced enough team to know why those always matter.
More About Us
We look for strong alignment with Rune’s values: learn about our work culture and expectations at Rune on our website and on our Key Values profile. We are committed to treating each other well, building a diverse and representative team, and continually working to improve the inclusivity and equity of our org. Anyone meeting the minimum requirements for an open role is strongly encouraged to apply.