Senior Frontend Developer
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Contrast Security Ranked One of the Fastest-Growing Companies in North America on the 2021 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development to operations, to production.
About the Position
This team is tasked with the unique opportunity to advance our runtime and pre-compile code analysis capabilities. This includes providing enhanced techniques to improve code analysis accuracy, findings, and reporting. It will also include driving and leading the next generation of products and offerings to make the Contrast platform the choice for code analysis tools among developers and security professionals.
Ideal candidates have a background building highly scalable and responsive Single Page Applications (SPAs) using ReactJS, CSS, visualization libraries such as HighCharts and D3, as well as other SVG-based visualization plugins.
Our engineering team has a strong spirit of entrepreneurship. Every team member has joined us over our six-year history because they want to be part of a high-performing team. We look for candidates that share similar goals and beliefs about the work and the team they want to be a part of.
This can be a fully remote position in British Columbia, Canada.
- Provide overarching design of testability and acceptance
- Define and direct team in the area of Performance, Scalability, and Security
- Build web-based interfaces and applications and contribute to our platforms, style guide, APIs, and libraries
- Design and development of a rich user interface for mission-critical high-availability analytics application using front end technologies like TypeScript, React, ES6, HTML, CSS, and Highcharts
- Experience with React, Angular or similar framework
- Execute performance analysis and optimization of page render, data transfers, and page load optimizations
- Proficient in designing highly tuned and efficient automated build pipelines
- Participate in constant collaboration with teammates in the form of pair programming, group code reviews, and pull requests before commit
- Work with design and product teams to build unique, jaw-dropping features
- Deploys: our engineers deploy multiple times a day to our AWS infrastructure
- Technical support: Our engineers don't just release code in the wild. When our customers have issues we jump in and help
- At least five years of experience architecting modern, scalable and high-performing front-end web applications
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need
- Stellar visual skills and attention to detail
- Experience with: TypeScript, react-query, CSS in JS, Storybook, React Testing Library or Webpack
- Have an eye for quality and have an interest in using tools/frameworks like Enzyme, Prettier, ReactTestRenderer, Jest, JUnit, StoryBook
- You're a problem solver - You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges
- Your code is clean, your designs are elegant, and you are constantly refactoring
- Multiple years experience working in Enterprise or Commercial Software development
- Own your work - Whether a nasty bug or an excellent feature, you put your name on every line of code
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- Monthly Healthcare stipend
- Paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.
* We could support remote work in most states except Colorado.
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not accepting resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.