Senior Frontend Engineer
Optimizely is focused on unlocking digital potential and we are the recognized category leader in Digital Experience Platform (DXP) and created the category for A/B Testing and experimentation software. We have incredible customers, over 9,000 brands from global organizations such as Visa, Sky, Yamaha, Wall Street Journal to tech innovators like Atlassian, DocuSign, FitBit and Zillow.
We are an inclusive culture with a global team of 1200+ people across the US, Europe, Australia, and Vietnam. We blend European and American business culture with emphasis on teamwork, inclusion, and moving fast. People make the difference!
We are looking for a senior front-end engineer working on the Content cloud product – one of the most important products in our platform. If you are looking to work on the next generation of digital technologies in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, apply! We’re just getting started...
We’ll trust you to:
- Be a sensible and pragmatic engineer developing simple, high-quality and well tested minimum viable solutions meeting set requirements and following applicable principles and processes.
- Be passionate for continuous learning, experimenting, applying, and contributing towards innovative technologies and software paradigms.
- Understand the value of modern software engineering practices such as scrum, pair programming, TDD and principles of clean code.
- Take ownership of your contribution to the product, the quality and long-term maintainability of the contributed code.
- Contribute to discussions with your team on everything from ideation through architecture and design to implementation and support of the products and services.
- Review pull-requests from colleagues in Hanoi and Stockholm. This is an important task in our work process to guarantee quality.
- Support other senior developers in Euro and US to use and customize/extend our framework.
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience working professionally with modern development practices.
- Experience investigating and resolving problems, defects and bugs reported to the team.
- Experience working in a development team following requirements provided by stakeholders and solution architecture and design provided by technical leaders.
- Communication skills, verbally and in writing, especially in English, to effectively communicate progress, issues, obstacles, solutions and point of view.
- Ability to work independently but avoid getting stuck by knowing when to ask for help.
- Worked in a software product organization with defined processes, and value following as well as seeking improvements to those processes.
- Experience on CI/CD and tools like Git, NPM.
We’d love to see:
- Experience in building server-side applications, ideally HTTP APIs Rest Services / GraphQL written in C#.
- Knowledge micro-frontend architecture.
- Understanding of web authentication tools and mechanisms.
- Experience in building for cloud platforms and services.
- Being familiar with design system thinking, e.g. experience with Material design system or other design systems.
- Experience and building solutions based on Optimizely (formerly Episerver) Content or Commerce Clouds.
Optimizely is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.