We're on a mission to build the world's leading AI platform that will transform the insurance industry making insurance cheaper, and more fair for everyone.
We develop machines with deep comprehension and vast data access to guide humans to the optimal decisions and enable them to handle enormous numbers of claims. We pair the predictive insights with an intuitive and easy to use web application that handles complex claim summarization, guidance and investigation workflows. The result is potential savings in the hundreds of millions, and added precision to insurance pricing.
The Application Platform team owns the entire customer facing application layer. Where the ML/Data team's journey ends, our journey begins. We are responsible for storing and surfacing claims data combined with predictive analytics and insights in an intuitive and easy to use application. Our engineering culture values simplicity, core engineering principles, quality, honesty, transparency and strong collaboration.
Our stack is built in React, Typescript, NodeJS, Python, Okta and Postgres and we run on Google Cloud Platform.
If you’re excited to work on a fast-moving enterprise engineering team using the latest technologies at high scale, we want to meet you.
Who are you? A senior front-end engineer who is passionate about taking complex data and workflows and presenting it in intuitive, responsive, and scalable ways using React and Typescript. You enjoy keeping abreast of the latest web development trends and are excited to work in an industry ripe for disruption. You'll be a pivotal contributor to EvolutionIQs unified claim platform, working closely with product management, data science, and data engineering teams to build solutions that exceed our customers' needs.
• Create, build and maintain intuitive applications using React and TypeScript that are performant, responsive and maintainable
• Collaborate with Product Managers, Backend and UX team to design and implement features
• Work in greenfield projects where you have high levels of ownership
• Mentor and lead junior engineers on React / TypeScript standards, tooling and best practices
• Exhibit a bias for action, constantly looking for ways to improve the customer experience
• Build tests and automated testing frameworks for continuous testing and delivery
• Contribute to a culture of innovation, ideas, and continuous improvements along with a great attitude, solid communication skills, willingness to learn and collaborate
You will have a key role in shaping the future of Evolution IQ’s products. From technology choices to building the roadmap, you will have a large amount of ownership and scope in this role. The team will look to you to provide crucial technical expertise and help prioritize features.
The ideal person for this role should have extensive experience going through the full feature development life cycle: from working with product managers to decide scope, writing technical design docs to propose an approach, coordinating with backend engineers on API schema, working with designers to figure out UX and implementing the frontend to deliver a working feature.
• React / Typescript
• Experience with Material UI (MUI) or similar component library, the “tanstack”
• Experience designing and consuming RESTful APIs
• Experience in developing secure web applications and knowledge of application vulnerabilities
• Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (HTTP/S, cookies, asset loading, caching)
• Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools (ESLint, yarn, github actions)
• Knowledge of client-side performance issues and optimization techniques
• Remain agile and move between rapid prototyping and stable production development when appropriate
• Write technical design documents, perform code reviews, and maintain state of the art engineering practices
• Knowledge of NodeJs, Vite, StoryBook, react-testing-library, jest, or puppeteer are nice to have
We are founded by a senior Google AI expert and a Bridgewater Associates Algorithmic Investor & Stanford MBA. We’re not looking for employees. We’re looking for partners in work and partners in culture-building. The development team consists of world class engineers and leaders from companies like Google and Bloomberg. Each individual has had great success building large scale enterprise software and is now excited to try their hand at transforming the insurance industry.
Our investors include First Round Capital (seed investors in Uber, Square, Looker), FirstMark (Airbnb, Pinterest, Shopify) and Foundation Capital (Lending Club, CoverWallet, Netflix) and we have deep support within each of their organizations. You will also have full access to their networks and counterparts at portfolio companies for advice, ideas and community.
We think work should be engaging, rewarding and flexible. While there is a standard set of benefits listed below, we are small enough that we can consider any specific requests that you need. We’re a well funded company and we’re able to offer competitive compensation packages and real ownership in your work. Specific compensation and equity varies with experience level.
• Full Medical and Dental Insurance
• Flexible vacation
• Paid team lunches
• This is a remote friendly position with occasional company-paid trips to our NYC HQ
EvolutionIQ is an equal opportunity employer because we value diversity in all meanings of the word. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.