Who We Are
Nirvana’s mission is to make businesses safer & smarter. Our technology platform delivers modern insurance & risk management to not only help our customers protect their businesses, but actually improve safety for everyone.
To start, we’re transforming the legacy, $300B+ commercial insurance industry through cutting-edge predictive models using real-time IoT data (~50B connected devices by 2030), automation to deliver instantaneous quotes & faster underwriting, & proactive, data-driven insights to help customers prevent accidents.
We’re backed by top-tier VCs including General Catalyst & Lightspeed Ventures. Our world-class team brings deep experience in technology & insurance, helping scaled multi-billion dollar companies from scratch including Samsara, Rubrik & Root Insurance.
About the Role
As a frontend engineer at Nirvana, you will,
- Own and build the product: You will take ownership of key parts of the product, and drive it end-to-end working closely with our founding team and customer design partners.
- Build team and culture: At Nirvana, we believe that culture is the secret sauce in building a great engineering team. You will build and embody this culture - and set the bar high as we build the company.
- Build a modern commercial insurance platform. Build the industry’s first consumer quality insurance platform for commercial auto insurance brokers. Deliver a seamless experience to brokers and fleet owners from quote to claim. Instrument and understand customer journeys to iteratively improve UX and reduce friction points.
- Build safety tools. Help prevent accidents by delivering actionable safety information through effective multi-channel touchpoints. Engage and educate customers about what’s contributing to their high premiums and how they can reduce them.
- Build using a modern, open-source stack. You will develop on top of a frontend stack composed of React, Redux, and Typescript.
- You are an owner. You are comfortable owning large parts of our product and driving the development and roadmap.
- You ship. You get satisfaction from getting your features into customers' hands in a short period of time. You take accountability for the end-to-end product experience of your features, warts and all.
- You have a design sense. You care about the design, have a problem-solver mindset, and enjoy partnering with designers to bring projects to life with attention to detail.
- You are user-focused. You put the user first with a keen sense of how your code will impact the user's experience in terms of performance, security, and usability.
- You are a lifelong learner. You learn quickly and can operate independently. You're not afraid to take something on just because you don’t know how to do it yet.
- You value clear, open communication. You not only have the ability or skill to communicate effectively but also have the willingness to be open and honest in your communication. You demonstrate these abilities through thoughtful code reviews, honest and kind feedback, and documentation.
? Design-oriented. You have an interest in UI/UX to build scalable design systems. You enjoy working directly with designers and product specialists to make the customer experience amazing.
? Strong engineering fundamentals. You can break up a complex system into clean reusable components, and design interfaces and abstractions given the way you expect internal and external users to consume them.
What you’ll get from us
- Competitive compensation & meaningful equity
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Retirement plans with company match
- Monthly stipend for anything that gives you joy
- Remote equal culture and reimbursement for home office equipment
- A flexible vacation policy and a team that understands building a company is a marathon, not a sprint
- Support for ongoing development outside of work
- A culture that gives you the autonomy you need to do great work, and the transparency you need to make good decisions