Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
What You'll Do
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Full-Stack Engineer who can contribute across the stack building B2C features within our mobile and web designs. This role would be reporting directly to the VP of Engineering and is responsible for pushing forward the experience, interaction and visual language of our products across the web. You will work cross-functionally with the creative director, product managers and Engineering team to create a client-centric, and engaging user experience.
As part of our talented team, you will be expected to challenge the status quo and bring new features and interaction ideas to the table. Our brand has room for growth and innovation, and we are looking for a candidate who is driven and motivated by their passion for solving complex user experience problems through visual- and interactive design. As our newest Full-Stack Engineer, you will become part of a community that grows together - both professionally and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team has kept agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact the code while also carving your own path from day one.
- Write clean, readable code - it’s not easy but it’s important
- Work with your team and our QA Engineers to ensure excellent test coverage
- Extensive experience with full-stack development, distributed systems, and relational databases
- Passionate about quality, performance, reliability, and security and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience is acceptable
- Experience working with designers to transform Sketch and/or Photoshop files into smooth and engaging customer-facing web pages
- We encourage all our engineers, especially Seniors, to work together to help us figure out what practices work and which ones don't.
- Experience building and running cloud architectures
- Experience with WebSockets
- Experience with PHP
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, LinkedIn, etc)
Our work affects the entire company and takes place at all levels of the stack, from infrastructure to web applications security, as well as mobile apps. We’re taking mental healthcare to the next level. We combine clinical care, cutting-edge technology and data- driven product development to constantly learn, iterate, and improve our systems.
Our Stack currently includes:
Ideally, you will have 4+ years experience in the above technologies or similar cloud providers. We are more interested in your broader experience of software development, across the stack and languages, rather than specific tools or libraries.
- Lively and enriching Engineering culture
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans coverage since day one
- Pre-tax benefits: HSA/ FSA/ Commuter allowance
- 401k retirement savings program with matching up to 4%
- Voluntary benefits such as disability, basic life or pet insurance, etc.
- Equity offerings for Talkspace company stocks
- Annual performance bonus available
- Wellness stipend along with discounts on gym memberships and other wellbeing products
- Flexible PTO / Remote Workspace Flexibility
- Regularly scheduled hackathons, meetups and Tech Talks
- Regular team events, including [virtual] Happy Hours and Game Nights
- Generous Referral Bonus programs, especially for Technology roles
- Free access to all Talkspace products
Talkspace is the world’s leading online therapy company, serving over 2 million users looking to begin their wellness journey through tele-health. According to the World Health Organization, close to 1 billion people worldwide live with a mental disorder, and on average more than 75% with mental, neurological, and substance use disorders receive no treatment for their condition at all. Additionally, one-third of the world’s population – 2 billion people – live in countries that spend less than 1% of their health budgets on mental health. Therapy is a universal need and it's our mission here to change the world by cultivating an intentional space for people to feel supported through quality care that is simple and accessible.
Combining our passion for innovation along with our desire to help others overcome the stigma behind “getting help,” we are transforming the way patients find the right care provider, making an otherwise impossible feat easily conquerable. Our network of licensed, accredited, and board-certified clinicians are increasing access to mental health for our members through a myriad of high quality therapy services: anytime and for a fraction of the price. Dedicated to our mission, we are looking for candidates that want to bring their talents into a diverse “for purpose” space. If you’re equally as passionate about making quality mental healthcare accessible to all, then Talkspace is the right place for you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.