Join us in pursuit of a ground-breaking vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Splunk is a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. We’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and celebrating each others’ success.
Splunk's Enterprise UI team is seeking an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to construct insightful and inspiring user experiences for our flagship product - Splunk Enterprise. These experiences will tell stories of IT and Security operations, compliance, user behavior, demographics, and changing trends. Maximize the power of substantial datasets to answer our customers’ questions and help them to ask the right questions about their data and their business.
We give our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You'll work at the intersection of data, engineering and design with a multi-functional, agile team of designers, product managers and engineers to build innovative user experiences which will directly impact our customers.
What you'll do
- Build intuitive data analytics experiences
- Collaborate closely with product management, user experience and backend engineers to understand customer needs and translate them into product features.
- Participate in the development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems.
- Maintain and improve existing code with pride of ownership.
- Drive the technical roadmap for front-end improvements.
- Mentor and develop other engineers, share the work you are doing, and participate in code reviews.
What you'll need
- Proven experience working, 10+ years, with web and/or client-side technologies.
- Nice to have experience with full stack and/or backend development
- You're comfortable with command-line applications, source control, testing frameworks, continuous integration and other aspects of developing in large, distributed software teams.
- You collaboratively lead design sessions and code reviews, regularly contributing to architecture discussions.
- A passion for instrumenting/analyzing telemetry to make data-driven decisions that matter to our customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent training and work experience.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, from engineering and QA to product management, design and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Work / life balance, and a flexible work environment. We trust you to be responsible with your time and attention, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
About the Team:
- We are a highly collaborative team, working together in order to solve complex problems
- The types of problems you will tackle on the Enterprise UI Platform team are highly visible and critical to Splunk's business
- Challenging problems on the team allow for plenty of personal growth opportunities via both feature and design work, as well as involvement in architecture discussions
- There are plenty of opportunities to drive technical improvements which improve the frontend developer experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!