SpineZone, established in 2005, is the leader in data-driven non-surgical back and neck rehabilitation. The company’s goal is to develop the best non-operative treatment in an atmosphere of empowerment to maximize the body’s own healing capacity. SpineZone’s product suite encompasses web-based and mobile applications for patients, clinicians, and clients.
As a React Engineer, you are responsible for creating and leading the team that builds experiences for our product suite. To do so, you will collaborate with a high-energy, cross-functional team, which will include other developers, product managers, and designers to define and implement exciting and dynamic functionality to our products that are based on the latest web technologies. This position requires hands-on development of web apps and information architecture. You will develop and create best in class digital experiences with code. You will translate visual and written designs into efficient front-end components/pages. You will push the boundaries of what is possible on the web by vetting and deploying projects with new and emerging web technologies.
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to work through bugs/issues, collaboration, and ideation
- Deliver top-tier solutions with minimal guidance. You also recognize when you're wrong, learn from your mistakes, and move past them.
- Oversee the architecture and implementation of robust client-side solutions involving custom React components, JSON, AJAX, REST
- Conduct unit and integration testing to make sure the interface performs on all devices and degrades gracefully in older browsers
- Embrace best practices and are always searching for opportunities to continually improve, learn and grow.
- Enjoy working with people and empowering everyone to do the best work of their life by ensuring they can leverage technology to serve them.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience with ReactJS (with React Native a plus)
- Experience in designing and developing web services using REST and JSON
- Strong knowledge of the DOM and manipulating elements, not just with jQuery or built-in JS methods, but with advanced scripts when necessary
- Experience with JS testing and code analysis frameworks like Mocha, Istanbul, JSLint, JSHint, Jasmine
- Experience with NoSQL document-based data stores like MongoDB and designing suitable data models
- Familiarity with Application UX Designs
- Strong communication skills with a track record of working with and collaborating with teams
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple ongoing assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative team
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
- Be able to create and articulate design / implementation options and tradeoff to peers, tech leads, and management
- Ability to clearly document application designs and the related management and support procedures
- Ability to understand all phases of SDLC
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on new / emerging technologies as required
- 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Lives in or open to relocating to San Diego, CA. Must be able to work independently with remote teams.
SpineZone is an Equal Opportunity Employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.