EquityZen is an early to mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We enable private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served 125+ premier tech and digital health companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 3 of the largest unicorns. We’re moving fast, with double and in some cases triple-digit percentage growth across metrics including headcount, transaction volume, revenue and users over the past year. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
We’re looking for a Front End Engineer to join our growing team and become a key contributor for our front end applications as we rapidly expand our industry-defining online investment platform. Our ideal candidate has production experience with React or a similar framework and building enterprise grade SaaS applications with a focus on performance, scalability, testability and maintainability. They enjoy ideating and collaborating with designers and are passionate about writing clean and reusable code. Our team is a group of ambitious, yet humble people across all disciplines and backgrounds. Our commitment is to an efficient interview process and as long as we can align with schedules, our start to decision can be within 2-3 weeks. If our team and values interest you and you’d like to work in a company poised for hyper-growth, please reach out to us!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Champion all aspects of front end development and mentor junior team members.
- Assist in establishing technical direction for front end development including introducing patterns to make development simple, fast, and maintainable
- Increasingly scale our marketplace as we aggressively increase both our investor base and equity offerings
- Work hand-in-hand with designers, PMs, data scientists, business stakeholders, and fellow engineers to ideate, design, and implement key initiatives and end-user experiences that are used by tens of thousands of customers as well as our internal teams
- Use cutting-edge technologies and domain-driven design fundamentals and introduce improvements to our stack, end-user experience, business processes, and workflows via rapid prototypes/proof-of-concepts
THE RIGHT STUFF
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (preferably Computer Science) or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of professional experience working with front-end applications in production
- Production experience working with React JSX and a state management library like Redux or mobx
- Professional experience with NodeJS build tools e.g. gulp/webpack, scaffolding utilities e.g. create_react_app, and npm and/or yarn.
- Hands-on experience working with GraphQL and RESTful APIs.
- Experience integrating artifacts from Sketch, SVG Icon Generators and similar apps
- Able to take high-level requests, break them down to digestible tasks, and own them to completion in a lean-agile environment.
- Passion for maintainable code, automated testing, and thorough code review
- Strong oral and written communication skills
OUR TECH STACK
EquityZen runs a robust stack which is containerized and deployed on Kubernetes in the AWS cloud. On the front end, we leverage React, Redux and GraphQL. On the back end, Django, Celery, PostgreSQL, Golang, ElasticSearch, and RabbitMQ. We are continuously evolving our architecture to match our growing scale and will be working with pub sub frameworks including Kafka.
- Experience working with Apollo graphql client.
- Entrepreneurial experience and drive
- Prior work in financial services or the FinTech sector
- First hand understanding of marketplace businesses
WHAT YOU'LL GAIN
- Experience working on a fast growing and fast moving team who is passionate about building amazing products that provide high value to our customers and are a pleasure to use
- Hands on experience with the venture capital and technology-driven startup ecosystems
- Opportunity to work closely with business stakeholders across the entire organization, including the founding team
- Equity, competitive salary, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, stocked fridge, supply of snacks, weekly catered lunch and more!
- Hybrid/Remote work environment for engineering members with an emphasis on work-life balance
- Strong career progression paths are available for all tracks including individual contributors and aspiring managers.
EquityZen offers a competitive salary, stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), 401k match, individual professional development and wellness budget, generous time off policies and more!
We are dedicated to prioritizing all employees’ health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a new, socially-distant friendly office space in NYC’s financial district where we have established strict protocols to protect the health and safety of all employees; however, working from the office is strictly voluntary until further notice unless otherwise noted in the job description. Working from the office requires being fully vaccinated, signing an attestation stating as such and being prepared to show proof of vaccination, if requested.
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.