Senior React Native Developer
Able is a product acceleration studio. Our technology teams consist of exceptional product designers, software engineers, product managers, and all-around company builders. We incubate our own investments and also work with our partners (clients) to improve their odds of success by deploying startup-caliber teams that are capable of addressing every stage of the technology venture lifecycle.
??Are you interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms? Do you feel comfortable architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure?
Able may be the right place for you, where we connect creative and challenging projects with a passionate and well-intended team—plus many other perks to boot.
We are currently looking for a Senior React Native Developer to join our team!
What you’ll be doing
We are seeking someone that feels comfortable using React Native as their primary environment, having shipped mobile apps, but also with experience building web applications.
In essence, someone who is currently interested in:
- Building pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms, meant to increase user engagement.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for an experience that feels native.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
What we’re looking for
We want to work with people who have a passion for collaborating with their teams, building software while nurturing inclusive and respectful relationships with their coworkers. With the ones that are open about their shortcomings and what they do not know now, but remain eager to keep on growing and closing those gaps.
Ideally, they would also have:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience as a software engineer, building web and mobile applications.
- Familiarity with native instrumentation and build tools to push our work to the next stage.
- A good understanding of MVC architectures, as well as how to interact and consume APIs and external services
- Excellent HTML and CSS skills for them to collaborate with designers to transform prototypes into products
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English
This position is 100% remote. We are looking for talent who can commit to at least 4 hours of overlap with our main team’s office working hours (mostly 9am to 6pm GMT-5).
Don’t think you are quite there? That’s fine too. Let’s talk and get to know you and your talents!
What you’ll love about Able
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and humble
- Diversity adds value to everything we do - We hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We host employee events (when it is safe to do so)
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (this includes vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world)
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
Our Core Values
- Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
- Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
- Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
- Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
- Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This is but the beginning of a conversation we’d love to have with you.
Apply, and let’s get this adventure started!