At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
We can all do our part in fighting food waste and do our bit to tackle climate change by reducing the amount of food wasted. Did you know that more than one-third of all food produced gets thrown away? This unnecessary food waste equates to 10% of greenhouse gas emissions!
Too Good To Go is a food waste-fighting app and a certified B Corporation. We connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. We save two meals every second, all thanks to our 2+ million daily users. We have over 49 million registered app users in 17 locations across Europe, the US and North America. Together, we have saved more than 107 million meals from going to waste. We are super proud of this, but there is still lots more that we want to achieve.
We’re looking for a Senior Front End Developer to join the Tech team at Too Good To Go based in our HQ in Copenhagen.
- You will be responsible for developing a responsive user-facing web application MyStore which helps our partners to fight food waste
- You'll be responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact with, within a web application
- You’ll need to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- Guide and help grow the teams development.
- A wealth of experience in frontend development
- Strong visual communication
- Proficiency in creating responsive/mobile user interfaces
- Thorough knowledge of CSS
- Understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (such as Git)
Now that we have caught your attention, it is time for you to catch ours. Please make sure to include your English resume and a simple 1-page cover letter telling us why you are the right fit for us. All applications are continuously evaluated.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers, and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What We Have To Offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1350 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How To Apply
We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.