Apply for this job
We’re looking for an experienced Mobile Developer to join the team at Inlight, someone who is known for having a good understanding of programming concepts and how they are implemented to solve problems.
As a Mobile Developer at Inlight you should be comfortable around both iOS and Android environments, as well as experience using the React Native framework. You should also be a team player and comfortable collaborating on projects and supporting and sharing knowledge with your peers.
We provide Digital Services to a range of clients with the typical tech stack including some of the following:
• React.js + Next.js for front-end development
• React Native, Swift & Java for app development
• Node.js for API development (REST & Graphql)
• Lots of integration with 3rd party APIs, services, and payment gateways
We utilise AWS products and infrastructure, so any experience with the following is beneficial:
• Elastic Beanstalk, Serverless (Lambda + API Gateway)
• AWS Cloudfront or Cloudflare CDNs
• AWS Databases (RDS, Elasticache & DynamoDB)
Other knowledge and experience around Caching, Logging, Monitoring, Automated testing, and CI/CD are also highly valued.
A typical day will involve
- Working collaboratively with a project team from concept through to delivery, and independently driving your own work forward.
- Producing well-structured code that is valid, tested and of a high production standard.
- Providing technical input to help guide our team and building trust and credibility with our clients.
- Reviewing PRs and assisting other devs with technical questions and bug fixes
- Working closely with our Producers on technical planning and decisions.
- Staying up to date with new technologies and constantly experimenting, learning, and improving.
You are someone who
- Has a Computer Science qualification or equivalent experience
- Has a good understanding of data structures and how they are implemented to solve problems
- Has sound knowledge of programming concepts, regardless of the specific programming language you have experience with
- Applies reasoned logic when solving problems
- Is pragmatic and looks for ways to make things easier
- Follows your curiosity to challenge how things are done and can work through problems
- Is highly collaborative and can develop empathy when considering different perspectives
- Has provided technical leadership across projects and have first-hand experience crafting end-to-end solutions and designing complex backend systems
- Can confidently contribute to technical discussions with the team and clients
- Has a bias toward action and applying proven principles and experience to deliver
- Invests in your learning and actively promotes sharing knowledge and experimenting with new tools
A few benefits
- The ability to have impact in a growing and proudly independent business
- Work with a great combination of technologies (React, React Native, iOS: Swift, Android: Java, Node and AWS)
- When we’re back; a bright, open warehouse space in Clifton Hill, nearby heaps of great coffee spots and places to eat and drink. For the time being, the option to work from home
- Our team’s learning is important to us. You will get access to a $1000 annual learning fund
- Flexible work arrangements, with a commitment to 12 days per quarter spent with the team at the office, the rest is up to you
- Office hours 10:00am - 16:00pm, with Inlight's trust to design the rest of the working day around your personal needs
Diversity in all forms is embraced and encouraged in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that we are all the better for inviting different perspectives into the thinking, designing, and building of our work. We also think it makes for a more interesting place to work!
We care about each other and in providing an environment where everyone feels welcome and is free to contribute ideas, have an impact and to build a career that they’re excited by.
Does this sound like you?
Care and support each other
- Genuine connections: Our relationships are built on a foundation of mutual trust and respect.
- Be a good human: We take personal responsibility for how we behave, always acting with integrity.
- Better through collaboration: We love collaborating. Within Inlight - but also with clients, their customers and partners, and with our community.
Always learn, always improve
- Driven by passion for our craft: We strive to improve - ourselves and others - because we genuinely love what we do.
- An active pursuit: Continually seeking and offering feedback, sharing knowledge, and committing to regular reflection.
- Re-use and repeatability: We produce work in an efficient way, always looking for ways to optimise our approach and build lasting value.
Show curiosity with purpose
- Broad and open-minded: We actively work to understand how different perspectives, experiences, or opinions can strengthen us and our work.
- Strategic in exploration: We tie our approach and thinking back to the desired outcome, or our understanding of the problem.
- Better solutions: Empowered and confident to identify and propose approaches that offer greater value than the original brief.
- Willingness to speak up: We’re brave enough to step into uncomfortable conversations when it’s the right thing to do.
- Good judgement: We know the right time and forum to challenge and when to trust another person’s good judgment.
- Sound justification: We apply rigor and thought and take defensible positions into respectful debate.
- Clarity: We provide clear and aligned expectations on what we want to achieve.
- Flexibility: We default to trust and provide autonomy to work in a way that gets the work done.
- Reliability: We’re all accountable for delivering what we’ve committed to.
Commit to impact
- Intentional focus: We are considered with where we focus our attention, and spend time on things that are meaningful.
- Measurable results: We measure the impact of our work, and continuously deliver quantifiable value.
- Deliver quality work: Our reputation is built on our track record of amazing work.