About Pocket Worlds
We harness the power of virtual worlds and the metaverse to connect people. We build deep, rich virtual worlds that are social by design and last for decades. Our first world, Highrise
, is a creative 2D isometric world where people make avatars, express themselves, and create deep friendships along the way. Over 10 million people have already joined the world of Highrise, and it's growing faster every day.
We're a completely remote company with a diverse set of employees spanning 16 different countries. We are connected by a singular mission of building amazing games that bring our players together, and we live by our values, which you can read here
Join our world class team who've shipped amazing products for Apple, Google, Electronic Arts, Zeptolab, Nanobit, and other top companies.
About the Role
At Pocket Worlds
we created Highrise as the mobile-first product, but now we would like to build its web presence. We started from online inventory and marketplace, which you can find here
and it's time to take Highrise to the next level - create the whole virtual world with the avatars, rooms, news feed, etc. on the web.
At the same time items and the item economy are core to Highrise’s massive engaged community. Just recently we've carried out our first sale of non-fungible token (NFT) collection of Highrise avatars and this way started bringing blockchain technology to Highrise. At Pocket Worlds we have come up with an idea to build our own marketplace for NFT drops to bring true digital ownership to our users. More on NFTs in Highrise and the roadmap we've set up here
This role, along with our entire company, is remote, but with preferences for applicants based in CET and EST timezones.
As a Senior Frontend Developer you will:
- Take ownership for the challenges we've set
- Have significant input in the roadmap for the web presence of Highrise
- Translate concepts into mockups and convert them into intuitive player experiences
- Work closely with the back-end team to share requirements and identify potential issues
- Collaborate with the product manager and software engineers to gather and evaluate requirements
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to...
- Have 3+ years of experience as a Frontend Developer
- Professional experience with technologies such as Redux, State Management, Graphql, Storybook, Styled-Components
- Deep understanding of the web platform (http, caching, cookies, assets loading)
- Ideally, have some startup experience with the ability to work autonomously
- Be able to work well in a remote development environment
- Be able to communicate in English at a native speaking and writing level
- Be responsible to your fellow remote team members
- Be highly communicative and go out of your way to contribute to the team and help others
- Bonus for API, backend or infrastructure experience, an understanding of the basic mechanics of blockchain applications
- Home office stipend. Haven't worked remotely before? We offer a generous stipend to help you set up a productive workspace.
- Competitive salaries and significant equity.
- Unlimited Vacation policy. Time off is important - we encourage you to take the time you need.
- Education stipend. We deeply believe in learning and self improvement. We've set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow.