VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software - tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit "Unicorn" status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
About the Job:
We are a well-funded startup on a mission to provide our customers with the tools they need to adapt and respond to the ever-changing workplace. We are accomplishing this by creating a modern & exciting no-code platform that allows our customers to build, manage, and deploy mobile applications with our intuitive React-based admin portal. We have big plans for the future and many challenging things to work on. We hope you’ll consider joining our team and being part of our story!
We believe that a good software engineer has the freedom to explore good solutions and has a team that supports and lets the best argument win. You’ll have the opportunity to shape the platform and the processes and policies that help us get our work done. We aim for having autonomous teams that co-own the platform and its technical evolution.
You’ll be exposed to some bleeding edge technology including: Typescript, GraphQL, React, React-Native, Jest, Detox, and Cypress.
If you are this close to what we’ve described but aren’t completely sure, apply. Let’s figure out together if this is where you could shine.
You have some of the following:
- A proven track record of 5+ years experience in front-end or full-stack development, bonus points for experience in an SaaS business
- Experience writing automated tests
- Know how to prioritize, problem solve and delegate to yourself and your team
- Positively realistic with meticulous attention to detail
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle including CI/CD, deployments, automated testing, and QE/QA
- Love to assess and stay up to date on all the latest tech tools and trends
We're counting on you to:
- Maintain and grow Lane’s frontend as requirements demand
- Contribute directly to strategy, planning, and decisions related to the product, the engineering team and across the company
- Ask questions, provide opinions and provide continuous improvement on processes
- Participate in sprint planning, pointing, and story refinement
- Operate agile; adapt to new priorities as they appear
- Be a source of mentorship for up-and-coming developers while allowing yourself to be a mentee with our constant knowledge sharing environment
- Own: Improvement of the product process, your development and driving best development practices
- Teach: The ins-and-outs of your strongest domain
- Learn: To build powerful, first-of-its-kind technology where the answers aren't easily found on stack overflow.
- Improve: The product teamwork, communication and technical ability
VTS is proud to operate an equal opportunity workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know at email@example.com