Apply for this job
Kunai is a growing digital agency of 60+ engineers, designers, and architects. During the past decade, we've shipped over 150 products for a portfolio of renowned clients including Visa, the United Nations, the NBA, Wells Fargo, Ernst & Young, TOMS Shoes, and many fintech unicorn startups. Our founders built a previous agency (Monsoon) that was acquired by Capital One in 2015.
As a fully remote React Native Developer on our engineering team, you will deliver unique product experiences for our clients to enjoy in the wild. Your daily achievements will include designing and building stunning mobile apps, mastering new skills, and showing up ready for anything. Your role will be challenging, fun, and interesting.
- Passionate about software development...it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby.
- Constantly striving to learn new things and improve.
- You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
- Architect, build, and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code for our clients.
- Collaborate with a small team of skilled React Native Developers, Project Managers, and Designers to build incredible IOS/Android products.
- Bring designs to life using the latest in libraries, frameworks, and tooling.
- Learn new technologies on the job.
- Help scope and plan new client projects and initiatives.
- Develop ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and code to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Record and report data to key stakeholders.
- Implement pixel perfect UI's that match designs.
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
- Integrate third-party API's.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Release applications to IOS and Google Play stores.
- Work with native modules when required.
- Complete two week sprints and participate in sprint retrospectives and daily standup.
- 2+ years of professional experience working with React Native.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- Significant experience working on large, complex systems.
- An ability to identify with the goals of clients and dedicate yourself to delivering on the commitments you and your team make to them.
- An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them.
- The ability to work through new and difficult React Native issues and contribute to libraries as needed.
- Experience creating and maintaining continuous integration and delivery of React Native applications.
- Forensic attention to detail.
Extra credit for:
- A background working with Kotlin, Swift, Objective C, and/or Java.
- Experience integrating CMS and CRM API's.