We are looking for a Senior React Native Developer
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- At least 2 years of experience in React Native or a combination of 1 year with React Native + at least 1 year in native mobile development (either Java/Kotlin/Swift/Obj-C).
- Experience working software development teams under agile methodologies like Scrum or Kanban using tools such as Jira, Confluence and Trello.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently.
- Good grasp of mobile development concepts, with experience pushing applications to both the Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store.
- Must be familiar with Expo.
- Must have experience developing new features in existing applications as well as starting React Native applications from scratch.
- Knowledge of REST architecture.
- Experience with tools like Firebase or other serverless services for developing features.
- Experience with Native development either in iOS or Android.
- Experience with cloud providers like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience working together with designers and building application layouts based on Figma/Sketch/AdobeXD
About the project:
It is an app very similar to Waze, but instead of being for routes, it is for waters. It allows boaters to find their way from point A to point B. While conceptually it seems simple, since in open water one could trace straight routes to and from either side, depending on the size of the boat and the depth of the water. Recorded water in each area not just any boat can safely pass through there.
It also has some social network components, it allows users to map some interesting areas, leave notes of where the coast guard is doing checks, etc.
The plan of the app is to start monetizing next year, it is having a lot of organic installs in the stores, so it is a project that has been around for a while, it has already grown far beyond the MVP.
Does this sound like you? Please reach out to joinus @itscout.tech to tell us more!