Blink is an employee app for frontline workers. Our award-winning product has industry-leading levels of engagement, with a DAU of 99% – and we've got so much more to achieve. Scalability, automation and precision are at the heart of what we do. We're never shackled down by convention; always open-minded, always moving forward.
? What will you be doing?
You will work as part of a world-class team of engineers, designers and testers building the Frontline of the Future. The applications you will help build are used by thousands of customers daily and make a tangible difference in their day-to-day lives.
- Working on our Web Apps, Micro-Apps, Node.js side-services and React component library.
- Focusing on delivery; ship code often and respond to customer feedback or issues quickly.
- Continuously improving (build) tools and developer experience; automating repetitive tasks, simplifying existing processes and documenting APIs and behaviour.
- Helping architect the high-level structure, flow of state and future direction of the Blink web platform.
- Writing clean, well-documented, testable, maintainable code.
? About you
The successful candidate will be resourceful, inquisitive, a fast learner and have a passion for building exciting front-end experiences. You’ll be able to pick up new concepts quickly and empathise with customer pain points.
We're looking for someone who is ambitious and wants to develop in a fast-growing company. The successful candidate will:
- Love to work as part of a wider team and communicate effectively with peers
- Be passionate about user experience and go the extra mile to bring joy to customers using our products.
- Be excited about what is happening in the JS/front-end world, keep up to date with the latest ideas, tools and developments.
- Love shipping code and getting stuff done. You don’t cut corners but are aware of when to make the right trade-off.
Your Technical Skills:
- Experience with frameworks like React, Vue or Svelte and tools such as Redux, Mobx, Webpack, Parcel, Git, Next.js and Node.js
- Proven ability to thrive in an Agile, fast-paced environment
- Bonus: Previous exposure to technical design and implementation of real-time, data-driven Web Applications
? About us
We're a friendly bunch.
Motivated, positive and social; we're all different, but these traits tie us together. We work closely as a team and genuinely value each other's opinions. Most of all, we try and learn as much as we can from one another, through knowledge sharing and healthy debate.
Our diverse backgrounds and interests make our engineering culture unique. We are parents, polyglots (in both spoken and programming languages), cyclists, musicians – and so much more.
? What we offer
You will have the opportunity to be part of something impactful, large-scale, and meaningful. Most importantly, you’ll work for a company with a strong purpose, with an ambitious and supportive team embarking on a journey most start-ups can only dream of!
- Competitive salary – and equity in the company
- A quirky, spacious, natural light-filled office in London
- 25 days a year off (plus public holidays!)
- Everything you need to feel good: massages, weekly HIIT and yoga classes
- Learning & development focus, plus mentorship options. We’ll do everything we can to get you to the top of your game
- Two Blinkations a year (one in the snow, one in the sun)
- The best kit money can buy. Brand new Macbook, fancy wireless keyboard, tippy chair – you want it, you got it
- Private healthcare, Ride2Work, pension scheme
At Blink, we're committed to creating an inclusive and diverse culture where our people feel they truly belong. We value and respect individual differences, so all applications will receive fair and equal consideration without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability or age.