Verana Health partners with leading medical associations to transform clinical data into actionable real-world evidence. These partnerships enable Verana to harness the comprehensive data found in qualified clinical data registries and other specialty data sources to accelerate medical research and enhance patient care. Verana raised $100 million from investors including GV, formerly Google Ventures, and Bain Capital Ventures, showing a continued thirst for new data-driven approaches to treating disease.
Our team is reinventing how medical research happens with data and technology. This is a company built by and for people who are looking to get out of their comfort zone and try new things, who want to learn and grow quickly, and who seek to be part of a mission-driven team committed to improving patient lives. Our headquarters are located in San Francisco and we have additional offices in Knoxville, TN and New York City with employees working remotely in AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT , VA, WA, WI. All employees are required to have permanent residency in one of these states. Candidates who are willing to relocate are also encouraged to apply.
Verana Health is looking for a Lead Frontend engineer who is tech-savvy, fast-learner and team player to lead the frontend software engineers to bring Verana’s enterprise software platform to the next level. As a lead developer you will be responsible for developing and delivering complex requirements in React.js as well as for directing the UI development team in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications.
- Use UI/UX designs or wireframes to create code and applications for multiple browsers.
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Maintain and improve internal suite of React libraries and projects
- Leverage knowledge of React.js and its lifecycle to maximize components performance across devices and browsers
- Assist with the identification and definition of key architectures, components and interfaces, design of data model and data/information flows.
- Perform peer code reviews and mentor and lead team members of varying skill levels.
- Bring the gap between the visual elements and the server-side infrastructure, taking an active role on both sides, and defining how the application looks and functions.
- Lead work planning activities for your agile team by partnering with tech and product owners
- Collaborate and communicate with designers, front-end engineers, back-end engineers, product managers and QA engineers in ensuring that user interface is consistent and design goals are met.
- Determine new web technologies to utilize, such as browsers, languages, and frameworks, based on Company's needs.
- 7+ years of experience in frontend development, UI/UX frameworks, coding strategies, and experience in working on data sciences.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, time management, and organization skills
- A strong work ethic, belief in teamwork, and desire to go the extra mile to assist our clients
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle, programming techniques, tools and software vulnerabilities
- Knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated on SDLC. Experience on Agile development environment.
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Prior experience with healthcare related products.
- Experience in a fast paced startup environment.
- Experience leading a scrum team and executing projects end to end.
- Knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated on SDLC. Understanding of the web development cycle, release and deployment processes.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Verana, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.