Who We Are
Paradigm is the leading institutional OTC trading platform providing a single point of access to multi-dealer, block liquidity for crypto futures and options across the largest derivatives exchanges globally. We’ve established ourselves as the pioneers of RFQ-based block trading, with $7+ billion in monthly volumes, and routinely account for 10-30% of daily global cryptocurrency option flows. The firm has a global network of 500+ counterparties that include hedge funds, OTC desks, lenders, structured product issuers, market makers, and family offices.
Working at Paradigm
This is an excellent opportunity to join our fast-paced, diverse, and global team. We strive to build institutional-grade products for the crypto markets, work with the largest crypto exchanges in the world, and anticipate a very exciting product pipeline for 2021 and beyond.
At Paradigm, we take ownership of our work with the highest standards of professionalism.
As a core member of our frontend team, you will build and maintain major features, through inception, design, implementation and launch, working closely with product and engineering disciplines across the company. You will spend the majority of your time on cross-functional self-contained feature teams focused on delivering value to the customer, while other projects will be more internally focused on integrations, scalability, and performance
- Architect and building frontend features in React.js
- Ensure a highly performant and responsive UI
- Integrate with backend endpoints and data streams
- Keep up-to-date with the latest React and Electron releases
- Work with teams across product, engineering, and QA to drive your solution from development to production
- Drive technology choices for the frontend code base such as languages, frameworks, providers, and partners
- Support leadership in high-level technology investment decisions (build vs. buy, technical debt, etc.) through well-articulated, factual proposals
- Maintain unit test suites and open-source dependencies
- Champion quality of our solutions and lead efforts to measure and improve it along dimensions such as test coverage, security, and customer satisfaction
- Drive the culture of metrics-driven delivery on established priorities in full partnership with Product, Program, and Engineering Management:
- Lead and participate in iterative, self-contained, cross-functional, customer-facing teams according to the release plan
- Ensure that technical expertise is appropriately distributed throughout the frontend team via documentation, information sharing sessions, and project experience.
- 10+ years of frontend engineering experience, ideally building products from ideation to launch with a strong engineering team
- Technical leadership and team-building experience
- Experience shipping large-scale projects and complex systems
- Demonstrable mastery of ECMAScript or derivative languages
- Thorough working knowledge of React.js and Redux
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs and electron build frameworks
- Being nimble and reacting quickly to changing business conditions
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field (M.S. a plus)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- We honor our diversity: our teammates celebrate the national holidays of their home country, in addition to floating holidays to honor what matters most to them, not HQ.
- Generous technology allowance: $5000 first-year budget to spend on your computer, peripherals, office essentials...whatever makes you most efficient and comfortable. You'll receive a $2000 refresh each anniversary.
- We are a team that genuinely cares about your long-term career growth, not just whether you finished that project last month. We hope that you will stay with us for the long haul, and to that end, we spend the time and resources to ensure that you will grow alongside us.
USA Employees (other regions may have similar benefits)
- Full health benefits: medical, dental, vision, as well as a Flexible Health Savings Account
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- 401k/ Roth
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Paradigm, we know that the more diverse we are as a team, the better our products will be, our solutions to tough problems will be vastly more innovative, and the service we provide our customers will be that much more empathetic.
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. Individuals looking for employment at Paradigm are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the interview or employment process, please let us know the nature of your request, and we’ll do our utmost to find a solution that works for you.