Buying B2B software should be as easy as booking a flight. Tropic automates software purchasing for high-growth companies. We've saved millions of dollars for companies like Slice, Daily Harvest, Index Exchange, and Chief. We're backed by Founder Collective (Uber) and founders from Plaid, Flatiron Health, and Seamless. We achieved $1M in revenue in our first six months and are doubling the business quarter over quarter.
Our Product & Engineering team is leading the transition of our business from the tech-enabled service we deliver today to a full software sourcing platform solution. We’re building a seamless and intuitive platform that will be adopted by the world’s most sophisticated procurement professionals.
In this role, you will be part of the ground floor of the engineering team working closely with the Engineering leadership and the Head of Design to translate the product vision into frontend features. We're looking for an entrepreneurial-minded individual who's excited to lay the foundation for this future Tropic platform.
In this role you will:
- Build beautiful components to power our platform
- Work closely with the Head of Design to translate Figma designs into code
- Work with cutting edge component libraries (Chakra UI ) all written in typescript
- Work with the existing team to improve and evolve our current system
- Help brainstorm new ideas and features to drive product growth
- Write unit and integration tests that ensure the correctness of your work
You'll love this role if:
- You like taking on challenges that you might not see every day in a larger organization
- You pride yourself on building features that don’t just work, but users love on a daily basis
- You get excited exploring and bringing on new technologies to help the engineering team
- You love getting direct feedback from early adopters about the product you have created
- 3-5 years professional React experience
- You are comfortable developing component libraries written in typescript
- Experience writing tests (React testing library)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Yearly remote office stipend
- 75% employer match on medical, dental, and vision
- 401k program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited PTO with a minimum # of days to make sure you have some time to get away to somewhere tropical
Tropic is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.