Apply for this job
Snapcommerce is a high growth company that sits at the intersection of mobile commerce and fintech. Our flagship product Snaptravel allows millions of users around the world to book their travel over messaging. We are currently in the scale-up phase of the company with plans to grow from ~100 employees to ~300+ employees as fast as possible while maintaining the competitive advantages and culture of being a startup
With a high-performing team of world class leaders, Snapcommerce thrives on tackling complex problems within AI, E-commerce, and Conversational Design to push the boundaries of the value we can add to our user’s lives!
At Snapcommerce, we pride ourselves on the performance-driven environment we’ve created for our team to prosper and excel. Our values are rooted in making data driven-decisions and risk-taking actions that add value to both the user and the company.
Our product engineering team is responsible for building the user experience for our products including the frontend, authentication, design system, and chatbot. As a Senior Frontend Engineer on the team you will:
• Ship high-impact projects end-to-end in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
• Have the opportunity to very meaningfully propel the business forward, and see the impact of your work on the company’s business metrics and user experience
• Own our front-end services and our component library, including: development, testing, deployment, monitoring, and debugging
• Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews
• Participate in cross-functional team projects, work with external stakeholders, and help shape the roadmap for future team projects
• Be data-driven and close to the customer, running experiments for nearly everything you launch
- We have a modern front-end stack featuring React, Redux, and Typescript
- We use Material-UI and maintain our own component library, using Figma for mock-ups
- We do unit testing with enzyme and react-test-utils, and end-to-end testing with WebdriverIO
- We use Gitlab and docker for version control and CI/CD, and our infrastructure is hosted on AWS
- We invest heavily in monitoring and automated alerting using TrackJS and Datadog
- We use Amplitude, Hotjar, and LogRocket for client-side metrics and experimentation
- You have 3+ years professional working experience in front-end software development, and are proficient in React
- You are willing and able to work in all areas on the front-end world, from Redux state-management to UI and styling work, though the proportion of time spent in different areas will be influenced by your interests and strengths
- You stay up-to-date with changes in the JS ecosystem and browser standards and compatibility issues
- Familiarity with Typescript, Material-UI, and/or WebdriverIO is a bonus
- You are interested in building products in a startup environment: moving quickly, being data-driven, wearing multiple hats, continuously learning.
- You are highly motivated, have a strong sense of ownership, and are able to drive complex projects end-to-end
- You are a strong communicator, and able to thrive on an agile team, contributing to: standups, sprint ceremonies, and quarterly project planning, and working with various internal and external stakeholders
Why work at Snapcommerce?
- Work with a group of ultra-smart hard-working talent coming from companies such as Google, Uber, & Facebook
- Join a results-driven organization where performance is measured by your output and not the number of hours you work
- Be part of a 100% transparent culture where every employee has access to board decks, strategy, and financials
- Work on projects that have instant impact, with most engineers pushing code to production within their first week
- Every day you will be helping our customers save money, earn rewards, and experience more of what life has to offer, making this a very rewarding and meaningful career
Our Work Perks
- Flexible working hours with complete work-from-home freedom
- Guilt-free unlimited vacation policy with great employee travel discounts using SnapTravel
- Competitive salaries, equity options, full benefits from day one, wellness budgets and paid L&D
- Generous EI top-up, parental leave, additional vacation and a flexible return-to-work plan
- Continued growth with a generous employee L&D budget and Diversity & Inclusion events
- Guilt-free paid stress days and mental health support
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.