Apply for this job
Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 8,700 organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
About the Role
As a member of the New Products engineering team, you will be responsible for building compelling user interfaces for our next big product line. This is an opportunity to take ownership over something completely new — our goal is to turn the products you will work on into a major new revenue source for Verkada.
You’ll be working alongside a small, dynamic team of frontend, backend and firmware engineers to develop these new products. Our team operates as a startup within a startup, so you can expect a lot of autonomy and impact on the direction of what we build.
If you are an experienced, frontend or full-stack engineer who is excited about building new ways to keep people safe and secure, then we want to hear from you.
Verkada is #10 on the LinkedIn Top Startups 2020 list and #4 on the Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2020. In January 2020, the company raised $80 million Series C at a $1.6 billion post-money valuation and is backed by top-tier investors like Sequoia Capital, First Round, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Your Day to Day:
- Build best-in-class product experiences across our Command web platform (React) and our new mobile applications (React Native).
- Work closely with product, design and the rest of our engineering team to create features which delight users and customers.
- Help mentor other engineers.
- Contribute to other parts of the stack (e.g. our backend services), if that interests you.
Experience and Education:
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment.
- Strong architectural understanding of custom components, custom UI, and cross-browser support.
- Eye for design, product details, and polish.
- Understanding of HTTP APIs and practical debugging techniques.
- Working knowledge of at least one server-side framework and one database system.
- Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field.
- Interest (or fluency) in TypeScript
- Experience with React Native and mobile development.
- Understanding of SVG, web components, CSS/SVG animations, etc.
- Experience with Redux and Webpack.
Perks and Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.