ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
Who we are looking for:
As a Front-End Software Engineer at ACV Auctions, you will work on a cross-functional agile product team. You will work alongside software engineers, product managers, and business analysts to build and ship new features that will drive the growth of ACV Auctions. We value practical software experience in addition to a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to solve complex software problems, apply software engineering best practices, and work in a collaborative work environment.
What you will do:
- Design, develop, and maintain code for our web-based and mobile applications.
- Collaborate with software and production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of our products.
- Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites for your products.
- Design and build complex applications that can scale rapidly with little maintenance.
- Provide technical support for many applications within the technology portfolio.
- Respond to and troubleshoot complex problems quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Handle multiple competing priorities in an agile, fast-paced environment.
What you will need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with continuous integration and build tools.
- Deep knowledge in day-day tools and how they work including deployments, monitoring systems, and testing tools.
- Highly proficient in version control systems including trunk-based development, multiple release planning, cherry picking, and rebase.
- Self-sufficient debugger who can identify and solve complex problems in code.
- Deep understanding of major data structures (arrays, dictionaries, strings).
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and Future Growth Opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.