Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian’s Digital Technology Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside of our vehicles, from purchase to end-of-life, within our connected ecosystem. To that end, we are building a digitally native experience, globally, across financing, digital payments, telematics, remote vehicle controls and in-life services for both fleet managers and drivers.
As we build and grow, we are seeking a Staff Software Engineer, Mobile to help design, develop, and deploy large scale mobile applications across iOS/Android devices for our Fleet solutions. They will be among the first group of engineers joining this team and play an integral part in laying the foundations for this group.
- Create mobile applications and features to support our Fleet customers - both drivers and fleet managers
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications
- Develop and deploy state of the art code with a keen eye on profiling , memory usage, load time of the apps
- Consistently write useful tests for all code developed, ensuring a high quality bar is maintained
- Establish standards and best practice for software engineering.
- 5 to 15+ years of relevant industry experience, with 3+ years of mobile application development experience
- Solid experience in building React Native applications leveraging React Native bridge to native applications
- Working experience in one or more native applications in iOS/Android leveraging Java/Kotlin/Objective-C/Swift
- Experience working with cloud-based applications and related technologies like Restful APIs, JSON, HTTP
- Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right data structure and algorithms to the problem
- Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build – metrics, centralized logging, tracing
- Dedicated to unit, integration testing and coverage – comfortable using tools of the trade
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.