Didomi is an innovative French company that develops a SaaS platform for privacy management. We help our customers to comply with their regulatory obligations, in particular with the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and to build a relationship of trust with their customers regarding personal data. Our solutions are designed to help data protection officers (CIOs, Data Protection Officers, Legal & Compliance officers) in their daily tasks regarding privacy management. We work with leading brands like Weight Watchers International, Orange, Le Bon Coin, Harrods…
As part of our very strong growth (we have just raised $40M in Series B!), we are looking for our new talents to accelerate our expansion.
Didomi is also : more than 100 passionate employees based in 17 countries, an average age of 29 years old, 25 nationalities, 245 321 slacks messages, 34 015 coffees and e-coffees, but also a daily good mood, big ambitions and of course regular afterworks !
We are looking for a Senior Frontend engineer to join our engineering team. Our main office is in Paris and we are a very distributed team with people working remotely in Europe and the Americas.
**What you will do**
- Leveraging your experience in building and maintaining complex frontend applications, you will drive the development of our user-facing web applications in Angular/React.
- We are looking for someone who is eager to:
- Collaborate with designers and other developers to ship new features
- Be in charge of the overall architecture of web applications
- Ensure that we have the right tests and structure in place to make sure that we can move quickly without breaking everything
- Share your knowledge of software development principles and best practices with the team
- Keep learning new technologies and be on the look-out for new ideas that we should try out
**What we are looking for**
- Experience with front-end applications in Angular, React, or similar frameworks
- Quality-oriented mindset: testing, code reviews, code quality, etc.
- Awareness of performance considerations
- A passion for simple, maintainable, and readable code that balances pragmatism and performance
- **Bonus points**
- Experience with the micro-frontends architecture
- Experience with the micro-services architecture
**How do we build our products?**
- For the frontend, we have adopted the micro-frontends architecture with single-spa for building our user interface. Each team has the freedom to pick their own framework (Angular/React) for the frontend they need to build. All SPAs we build get plugged into our shell. We also build a multitude of SDKs from Web and Mobile (iOS, Android) to CTV and Unity.
- We process hundreds of millions of requests per day and are building our analytics platform on Kinesis Firehose, AWS S3, EMR jobs, and TimescaleDB to provide performant analytics for our clients. Internally we use Athena and Redash.
- We rely on a multitude of AWS/GCP services for building, deploying, serving, monitoring, and scaling our services. We use Gitlab for our code and CI/CD. To manage our issues we use Jira.
**Our vision as a team**
- We are building a product and engineering team that is strongly committed to a high level of quality in our products and code. We believe that automation is the key to consistently achieving that along with velocity of development, joy and pride in what we deliver.
- At Didomi we are organized into feature teams and work with 2-week sprints. We do our best to avoid pointless meetings. The majority of the engineering team works remotely from all over the world, the only hard requirement is a 4-hour overlap with CET working hours.
- We rely on automated tests of all sorts (unit, integration, linters, you-name-it!) and continuous integration/delivery to build flexible applications that are able to evolve without breaking. We trust that it enables engineers to focus on the quality of their code and iterate fast without fears of breaking stuff. And when we break stuff, we fix it and learn from our mistakes.
- An intro call with HR
- An intro call with an Engineering Manager
- A code challenge to build a simple API or a SPA. This is used as the basis of discussion for the next step. You can find our challenge on https://github.com/didomi/challenges/tree/master/frontend. We also accept suitable open-source projects in place of the challenge.
- A 1h code review session and architecture discussion with 3-4 Didomi engineers
- A set of 1:1 30-minute calls with the CTO, engineers, and a product manager
- We understand you already have a job, obligations (and maybe a personal life!) so we'll work with you to make sure it doesn't take up too much of your time while still providing a good basis for a very concrete discussion.