Graylog is a leading log management system that enables fast and efficient log analysis in the areas of security, compliance, operations and DevOps. Our enterprise product enables large organizations to capture, store and analyze terabytes of machine data in near-real time. With the cloud offering, customers get a seamless experience without having to handle the infrastructure for operating Graylog. The basis of these two products is our Graylog open project which empowers everyone to perform basic log functions for free. It is installed by over 50,000 users world wide.
We are a fast growing company with locations in Germany and headquarters in Houston, TX. At Graylog, you will find a diverse group of experienced professionals who love to have fun serving customers all over the world.
This position is available remotely in European time zones. If you are living in a city with a local Graylog office (Hamburg, London, Munich), you are of course welcome to get a permanent desk there. Remote work has been a big part of our culture since the beginning and we have found our way to make it work.
We are building a new team to deliver important Enterprise and open source features for our customers. This small and agile team will work closely with Product Management, Support, and our existing development teams to identify and implement high-priority projects to meet the needs of our Enterprise customers.
- Work closely with product managers to design and build features that allow our Enterprise customers to effortlessly obtain critical insights from their collected log data
- Collaborate with other development teams to continuously improve the quality and performance of Graylog component code
- Work with our support team to help address customer issues
- Close collaboration with the US side of the Enterprise team in the overlapping working hours.
Graylog Tech Stack
- Balsamiq for mock-ups
- Code reviews and automated Tests
- Java, Elasticsearch and MongoDB on Linux
- Maven, IntelliJ, Git, GitHub, Jenkins
- Work remotely from anywhere in Europe or in-person at our Hamburg office
- Paid participation in a successful free and open project
- Professional atmosphere with room for creativity and personal growth
- A management team with significant technical knowledge and product experience
- Opportunity to be part of an international and diverse team
- Opportunities to share your creativity, expand your skill set and grow in your responsibilities
- Close collaboration with your colleagues e.g in code reviews or on the engineering week will help you to gain more experience and knowledge.
- Company provided macOS or Linux workstation
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with a distributed version control system (git, Mercurial or comparable)
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux development environment is a plus
- Experience in working effectively with remote teams is a plus
- Willingness to travel to Hamburg for team meetings 3-4 times a year
We look forward to receiving your CV in German or in English.
Apply now and you will hear back from us soon.