We are seeking a Front-End Engineer to help bring out the visual element of the SparkAI product. You will be responsible for translating UI designs, working in concert with our product and design teams, and taking an active role in defining the visual definition and experience. If you have experience with a modern React-based stack and are excited about developing complex browser-based visual software, we’d love to connect with you.
At SparkAI, we are on a mission to accelerate the proliferation of automation and robotics. We’ve started by addressing the most expensive and pervasive barrier to scale – AI edge cases – with an API-based service that resolves machine learning exceptions live, in production. Our customers are some of the largest and most interesting robotics applications in the world.
We're led by veterans of the autonomous vehicle industry (Zoox, Uber ATG, Apple, Otto) and changing how companies are solving problems on the path to commercialization, empowering the most ambitious teams to deliver groundbreaking automation products faster than ever before. If you believe revolutionary automation and robotics products shouldn’t have to wait for the next AI breakthrough, join us on this journey. Our leadership team has deep ties into industry and knows a team is greater than the sum of its parts. We look forward to meeting you!
What you'll do here
- Working with our product and design teams, bring our visual designs to life in a web-based environment
- Build quality, featured, rich and reusable React components
- Support our future mobile efforts
- Participate in the development of new UI features to support our customer
What we're looking for
- Experience building single-page applications, using React and similar technologies
- Knowledge of CSS, including implementing maintainable CSS architecture
- Experience in implementing light animation
You'll love this job if you
- Have a passion for creating beautiful, rich components
- Care about making pixel-perfect designs and have an eye for the aesthetic
- Like getting in the weeds with CSS!
- Are excited about robotics, and the future of automation
- Are a self-starter with infection enthusiasm, energy and problem-solving abilities
- Send us your resume and (optionally!) a personalized cover letter
- If we think there is a great fit, we'll set up an introductory phone call with you. This is an opportunity to get to know more about us, our culture, and our vision for robotics
- From there, we'll set up a remote interview with our team. We understand your time is valuable and will work around your schedule
- From the interview, you'll hear from us within a week about an offer or next steps
- Even if you don't think you're a fit or the timing is right, we'd love to hear from you! Apply below
- At SparkAI, we’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer
- We strive to create a high-energy, collaborative and supportive place to work
- We believe in a high-trust environment, where every member of the team has a high degree of autonomy
- We are fully remote with a flexible workplace
- All employees have access to our top-tier benefits package