Apply for this job
Socialive powers self-serve video content creation for the enterprise. It’s the fastest, easiest way to create, broadcast and distribute unlimited live and on-demand videos with studio quality. The Socialive platform puts intuitive, professional-grade video production workflows into the hands of content producers and everyday business users. Leading enterprises and high-growth companies including Charles Schwab, Deloitte, Nike, Oracle, TikTok, The New York Times, Walmart and Zendesk use Socialive to drive business value through better, more frequent video creation. Ready to join the team on a mission to transform the world of video? Join us.
About our Team:
Our company culture is top priority and we strive to create an environment where all of our team members are empowered to do their best work. We’re proud of the collaborative culture we’ve built, even while working fully remote. We also understand that in order to be your best self you need time to relax and recharge. That’s why we encourage everyone at Socialive to take Mental Health Days each month, in addition to their PTO and our company-wide holiday shutdown.
With our distributed, remote-first team culture we’ve had the opportunity to incorporate diverse thoughts, values, and perspectives that have been critical to our growth. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is at the heart of Socialive’s success and we celebrate it in everything we do. Our mission is to be a leader in DEI and demonstrate what it truly means to be a place where all people can be bold and the best version of themselves.
Socialive is seeking senior frontend engineers to help us accelerate the implementation of exciting, dynamic capabilities for our clients.
As a senior engineering manager, you'll be responsible for:
- Working closely with your teammates and cross-functional collaborators to build and deliver dynamic, engaging capabilities while maintaining a positive and collaborative remote work environment
- Mentoring and coaching junior engineers, and leading execution across the team
- Owning the quality and reliability of the projects owned by your team
- Working with our team of engineering leaders and product managers to estimate and deliver critical features while reducing risk and maintaining quality, identifying dependencies, and supporting deliverables across the entire product space
- Maintaining a focus on best-in-class engineering principles and process, from code architecture and quality to agile processes and ceremonies
Technologies you’ll work with and experience you’ll ideally bring:
- Adopting and driving a test-forward approach with unit tests using Jest, supplemented with integration and end-to-end tests
- Working with Atlassian tools (Bitbucket/Git, Jira, Confluence)
- Hosting and supporting applications in AWS
- Managing WebRTC connections and streams in a responsive, dynamic layout
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This position is 100% remote, based in the U.S.