cloudThing, headquartered in Birmingham, is a high-end consultancy and product development house working with leading companies around the world to solve business problems and develop new channels. We mix clever software development and cloudy infrastructure delivery to build responsive, scalable, next generation and then some solutions. cloudThing has been making a mark in the industry for the past 6+ years.
cloudThing always selects the best technology fit for a project and therefore expects and encourages all our developers and designers to embrace the latest technologies, frameworks and cloud deployment platforms. We relish the difficult problems and integration challenges and guarantee our developers are never bored.
cloudThing was founded by senior management of blue chip FTSE 100 companies who wanted to do interesting projects for interesting customers, do things differently, work with only the brightest minds and really care for every member of our team.
Come join us to work with the most innovative and forward-thinking solution architects.
Primary Responsibility : Developing simple, yet powerful Rich UI applications using ReactJS
- Building rich UX focussed SPA applications, principally via ReactJS and including extensive presentation of bespoke business processes
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Effectively leading a multi-developer team and be the point of contact for India UI team
- Reviewing documentation, designs and implemented solutions alike to ensure proposed approaches are implementable
- Creating clear and effective documentation across multiple channels
- Being highly delivery focused and engaging effectively with all types of team members to drive projects forwards
NOTE: as is common with this type of role, remote location and occasional out-of-hours working will be required to support customer interests
- Thorough understanding of ReactJS or similar JS MVC frameworks
- Expertise in HTML5, CSS3 and JQuery
- Experience with Redux or similar workflow
- Keen eye towards benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Working within large, distributed, polyglot programmed projects
- Must have experience of leading teams
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- .Net or PHP; ideally building public WebAPI services
- Mobile development experience is a plus
- MariaDB/MongoDb or similar NoSQL knowledge huge plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, EC2 etc. highly regarded
- a geek that can lead; excellent spoken and written communication
- an obvious attention to detail, we want you to obsess about the little things!
- ability to identify and pick up new technologies and operating systems quickly
- ability to work effectively with remote teams in India and the UK
- ability to work flexibly to deliver on-time to tight timescales
A coding test will form part of the interview process