Recurrency is a sales, pricing, and purchasing automation platform for distributors. Despite distribution being a multi-trillion dollar industry, the legacy enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems that exist to help distributors are decades behind. For the most part, ERP systems are painfully slow, difficult-to-use, and soul-crushingly manual.
Recurrency’s goal is to reverse ERP stagnation by building a streamlined and intelligent ERP: blazingly fast and complete with powerful automation tools like dynamic pricing and demand forecasting. Using Recurrency can boost a distributor’s revenue and profit margins, while reducing waste and saving time. Most importantly, Recurrency is fully-integrated with the customer’s legacy system, so deploying Recurrency in production can be done in as little as one day.
We are a fully-remote team across the United States. Recurrency is a fast-growing and venture-backed team of talented technologists going all-in on building the next great platform company.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will join the product team and report to the Head of Engineering to focus on building features in the frontend using React and Typescript.
We currently focus on sales, pricing and purchasing workflows for our users.
Our process is iterative. "Solve real problems for real users". We build quick prototypes to prove value, then iterate to incrementally ship and gather user feedback. We ship frontend to production multiple times a day.
Our Stack: React, TypeScript, Node.js, Express, Postgres, Mongo, AWS, Python.
What You'll Do
We believe design is not just how it looks, but how it works.
- Partner with our product & design team to design the user flows and features
- Work with the data science team to better display and visualize insights for our users
- Work with the backend team to improve the API designs and implementations
- Build and improve components in our design system.
- Help us improve our type and test coverage.
- Improve the snappiness and resiliency of our frontend.
- We use a data driven approach for development. You'll add and improve our core metrics of how we measure success for each feature we build.
- 5+ years of building highly-performant multi-tenant SPAs, from concept to production
- In depth knowledge of React, Typescript, Node.js, HTML, CSS, DOM and client ↔ server APIs over HTTP.
- Foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Ability to lead projects end to end, we go all in!
- Essential knowledge of NoSQL and SQL Databases.
- Since we're a remote company, written communication and clear thinking is highly valuable.
- Some experience with visualization libraries like D3, ChartJS, Highcharts, e.t.c
- Experience with AWS, enough to work with our infrastructure.
- Know a few things about Figma, enough to work with Designers.
- A working knowledge of machine learning in a business context.
First 30 days:
- You will have written code that has landed in production.
- You will have met the entire team.
- You will feel comfortable explaining with our application.
- Worked on a feature end to end.
- Have deeper understanding of existing code, and refactored some of the pieces to improve readability, testability, reliability and performance.
- Explain our architecture and suggest improvements.
- Lead projects (coordinating multiple stakeholders) and features end to end.
- Solve complex data problems from our customers.
- Help and mentor more junior engineers through code reviews and code examples.
Recurrency aims to ensure a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Individuals seeking employment at Recurrency are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.