Aspire is the leading influencer marketing and content creation platform for brands.
The Aspire platform makes it possible for today’s brands to build communities of influencers, ambassadors, customers, and fans to drive word of mouth marketing and create amazing content at scale. Aspire is trusted by hundreds of thousands of influencers and content creators as well as more than 400 leading consumer brands, including Samsung, HelloFresh, Madewell, and Dyson!
We’re growing across the board - we’ve 3’xd our revenue in the last two years - and we're looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Frontend) to join our distributed remote engineering team! With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Aspire is the perfect place to develop your skills in a forward-thinking, customer oriented environment. We’ve built a collaborative and supportive culture that espouses ownership and empathy, which has led Aspire to be named one of the “Bay Area's Best Places To Work” by The SF Business Times.
We're looking for an experienced, product-driven frontend web developer that wants to help us build innovative solutions to support the ongoing success of great brands and their communities across the world. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll report directly to our Director of Engineering and will work closely with product managers, designers and fellow engineers. You can expect to lead major features and projects on our web applications while working with an open and collaborative team.
Technologies used for this role:
- Languages/Frameworks: React (Hooks), Typescript, Sass, NodeJS, Apollo GraphQL, Express
- Testing: Jest, React Testing Library, Jasmine
- Development Tools: Webpack, Storybook, Chromatic, Github, Jira, VS Code
- Other: Rollbar, Docker, Mixpanel
Other technologies we use:
- Python, PostgreSQL (Google Cloud SQL), Google Cloud Datastore, DataDog, CircleCI, Google Kubernetes Engine
What you'll be working on:
- Leading major projects to build user-facing features on our new platform to solve customer problems and drive user engagement and satisfaction
- Partnering with product managers, designers, and other team members to understand our users and improve their experience with the product
- Setting standards and driving engineering best practices for development and operational excellence for your team
- Influencing your team’s technical strategy, software architecture and even product strategy
- Contributing to our design system and React UI component library
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience building web applications
- Expertise with building well designed, large-scale React web applications
- Highly motivated to solve customer problems and drive user satisfaction
- Takes real ownership of their work and drives best practices on their teams
- A true team-player; someone that looks for opportunities to collaborate and mentor
- Experience with developing APIs and an understanding of databases
Bonus points if you:
- Have built mobile-friendly progressive web applications or React Native applications
- Can contribute towards UI/UX and product design
- Have familiarity with analytics products, CRM products, social media and/or marketing technology
- Have an interest in marketing, social media, e-commerce, or photo and video content creation
Benefits and Perks
- Work-Life Balance
- Flexible work from home policy
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 4 months paid parental leave
- Work from home & wellness reimbursement ($60/month)
- Personalized career planning sessions
- Annual education credit of $2500
- Mentorship program
- Visibility into operations across the company
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance + 401(k) (where applicable)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.