Senior Software Engineer
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Minimum Experience: 5 years
Who you are:
You're an experienced software engineer with superb software development skills interested in helping us build reliable systems that deliver actionable information to our customers in real-time. As well as owning significant parts of our frontend applications, you'll mentor and train other engineers and care about how to make the team more effective every day.
What you've done before:
- Built React UI component libraries from the ground up
- Setup and Visualised React components in Storybook
- Regularly used front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving skills and solid understanding of frontend technologies
- Gathered business requirements and translated them into technical requirements
- Strong with CSS (SASS/SCSS)
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Styled components
- UI testing (e.g. Puppeteer, Cypress)
What success looks like in this role:
In this role, you will build the frontend applications that allow users to visualise and monitor terabytes of alert data and:
- contribute code to production systems from the get-go.
- spend time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on our tech stack and infrastructure with overview sessions and deep dives with your team.
- design significant features that impact multiple platforms and apps.
- own portions of our product suite and be responsible for reliability.
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents such as Health and Dental insurance, Vision Care and Income Protection and Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical wellbeing, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership.
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.