Apply for this job
Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We are a U.S. based distributed team and are backed by the same venture capital companies behind Instacart, Warby Parker, Glamsquad, Mirror, Prose, and Allbirds.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Front-End at Ollie, you will be working on our newly-launched e-commerce platform, maintaining & enhancing our React/Nextjs web application and its integrations with our headless CMS and platform APIs. You'll be expanding our design system, enabling the rapid iteration of new marketing pages with minimal developer intervention, and enhancing & expanding our member experience for maximum user delight.
This position is great for you if you are a curious, collaborative, and open-minded front-end engineer with a strong focus on the user. We are looking for someone who thrives in a small-but-growing team environment and is excited to both teach & learn from teammates. We’re hiring a strong, diverse team across a range of skill levels, experiences, & interests to help deliver Ollie to dog bowls everywhere!
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years building web-based systems, utilizing technologies like REST APIs
- Keen eye for developing beautiful user experiences
- Interest in building accessible applications that work for users of varying abilities
- Strong opinions on frontend principles with an open mind for specific solutions
- Interest in expanding your own knowledge and sharing it with the team
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of time/maintainability/quality trade-offs
- This is not a checklist, so if you don’t have all of these, apply anyway!
- Dog Owner or Lover
- Experience working with Node, express.js, and/or Next.js
- Experience developing a design system, in coordination with Design team, using Storybook
- Experience with any of the following libraries: react-hook-form, styled-components, swr
- Experience working in e-commerce or similar field
- Experience working with a headless CMS
- Experience working with Docker and/or AWS
- History of maintaining large-scale applications
- Open source contributor
- Competitive salary and a stake in the company
- Sponsored 401k program with employer match up to 4%
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy that you're encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Ollie subscription for one dog
- Inspiring pack members!
If you'd like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.