Verve is a startup backed by leading venture capital firms spun out of Harvard University building a world-class team to commercialize soft wearable robotic devices that empower the way people move in the world. Our first product is a lightweight wearable exosuit that can be worn all day, every day by industry associates to reduce fatigue, mitigate risk of back injuries and augment human performance. Verve is working to perfect the marriage of robotics, human biology, and fashion apparel in an exciting new way.
Verve is looking for a motivated Front-end Engineer. The engineer will work on converting UI designs into responsive HTML layouts. Experience in HTML, CSS, and jQuery is required for this role. You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers. If you like robots, wearables, and data please apply!
- Develop web application to query, analyze, and display data via dashboards to internal and external stakeholders
- Breakdown problem statements, outline optimal solutions, account for tradeoffs and edge cases, and efficiently implement solutions
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Excited to work in a fast paced, fast growing startup
- Have passion and experience for building responsive, elegant and engaging experiences with future-friendly web technologies.
- Work closely with the technical product manager and software team to take requirements from conception to implementation and design and improve user interfaces.
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Have strong analytical, problem-solving and multitasking skills
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of ES6, React, Redux and Webpack
- Good understanding of Asynchronous Request Handling, Responsive Design Techniques
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of unit testing and integration testing
- Must obtain work authorization at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related fields.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Python in Unix/Linux environment, NoSQL databases
- Experience with cloud applications using APIs and serverless services