Our product team in Toronto is responsible for building solutions to enable our customers to deliver exclusive interactive experiences to their customers. These solutions enable our customers to access hard-to-reach audiences and build trusted relationships.
Our team works at a fast pace, loves to collaborate, and is relentlessly focused on delivering experiences, not just features. We strongly believe in the following principles:
All for one. We win working as a team. Team productivity trumps individual productivity. We go out of our way to help each other.
Design first – We talk to our customers, and design solutions to meet their needs.
Ship It. We're all makers/builders. We believe in finishing, delivering, then iterating.
As a principal software engineer on our team, you’ll work in an agile environment developing our SaaS application that helps hundreds of the world’s top brands make their products and services better. You'll play an active role in building the next generation of our platform using some of the latest technologies. We’re building a next-generation customer experience platform to enable users to interact with brands they love, gain access to inside information, and drive loyalty.
What you’ll do:
- You will be the leader, and a key contributor to our front-end development architecture and decision making process. You’ll bring together all the front-end developers at Alida to share your expertise and help them grow as developers.
- Actively look for ways to improve the Front-end UX and codebase
- Provide your expertise in making decisions across all our products on the technologies and architecture we should adopt for our front-end.
- Mentor and guide team members in technical knowledge with best coding practices.
Who you are:
- Thrive in a team environment, enjoy collaborating, and are curious about how things work
- Enjoy the creative process, finding solutions to problems, and relish building products that delight customers
- Passionate about software development and stay informed about the latest developments in the industry
- Aspire to take a high degree of code, process, and delivery responsibility
- Enthused to work in a high-paced environment where code backed by automated tests is shipped into production in as fast as a day
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is preferred
- Minimum of four (4) year's experience as a front-end developer building web applications
- Experience with React
- Experience developing modular user interfaces and familiarity with modern CSS frameworks, tools and workflow
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Proven understanding of the full web technology stack
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
The Good Stuff:
+ Amazing growth and learning opportunities with a fast-growing Canadian SaaS company that is a world leader in its industry
+ Best-in-class benefits for you and your family
+ Paid vacation with extra personal days and flexible work environment
+ Great work-life balance with a focus on employee wellness
+ Recognized as a Great Place to Work® based on a 93% employee satisfaction rating
+ Collaborative, heartfelt team culture and winner of Comparably’s “Best Product & Design Teams Award" and “2020 Best Company Culture Award”
Alida created the world's first CXM & Insights Platform, for the world’s most customer-obsessed brands, to turn customer truth into action. For over 20 years, iconic brands like Buzzfeed, LinkedIn and Red Bull have chosen Alida, formerly Vision Critical, as their secret weapon. Our unparalleled approach of coupling broad feedback with deep insights creates lasting customer relationships and builds brands that stand the test of time. At Alida we value being bold, empathetic, curious, and authentic. We also have a lot of fun!
We Can’t Wait to Meet You!
We couldn't do what we do without our awesome Lider's and look forward to welcoming you to our Alida family. Join us and let's make a difference together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Follow us at www.alida.com
and engage with us on LinkedIn, Twitter & Instagram.